Home > Community > Forums > PCB SKILL > Problem with Orcad Capture CIS Lite Demo Software

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Problem with Orcad Capture CIS Lite Demo Software 

Last post Sun, Dec 9 2012 7:16 PM by enajc. 2 replies.
Started by enajc 07 Dec 2012 04:09 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 1631 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Dec 7 2012 4:09 PM

• enajc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 7 2012
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    Problem with Orcad Capture CIS Lite Demo Software Reply

Hi all!

I'm currently learning Orcad and I'm using the Orcad 16.6 Demo Software (All Products) I downloaded here. But I can not use the Orcad Flow Tutorial. I'm using vista and so I dunno if that affects it. Right now I am following the tutorial summary instead. But I was stuck because I need to add bipolar.olb but I can't locate it in my system. Are there any other else that I need to install before using the Orcad like the starter library catalog? 

OrCAD 16.6 Demo Software (All Products)download in the cadence website.  Download FREE - OrCAD 16.6 demo software (980MB) includes OrCAD Flow Tutorial with the example design files (You must use the path/folder option in your zip tool when extracting this archive.)

You must use the path/folder option in your zip tool when extracting this archive - How to check this?

Thank you so much. Any help will greatly appreciated. 

• Post Points: 20
  • Sun, Dec 9 2012 4:59 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,415
    • Points 24,170
    Re: Problem with Orcad Capture CIS Lite Demo Software Reply
    You just need the Q2N2222, this is in the EVAL.OLB, if you add this library, you will be able to place the required part and complete the circuit.
    • Post Points: 20
  • Sun, Dec 9 2012 7:16 PM

• enajc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 7 2012
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    Re: Problem with Orcad Capture CIS Lite Demo Software Reply

Hi oldmouldy! Thanks for the reply! I was  able to find bipolar.olb in one website. But I also tried adding the eval.olb and found the q2n2222. Was wondering how come it didn't appear when i used the search part command. 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by enajc at 07 Dec 2012 04:09 PM. Topic has 2 replies.