Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Symbol editing question to start the day

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Symbol editing question to start the day 

Last post Thu, Nov 29 2012 11:25 AM by Rik Lee. 2 replies.
Started by TH Designs 29 Nov 2012 06:58 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 573 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Nov 29 2012 6:58 AM

• TH Designs
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 13 2012
    • Warminster, PA
    • Posts 269
    • Points 4,370
    Symbol editing question to start the day Reply

I am creating a new testpoint symbol. Simply a pad with a silk screen circle around it. When I draw the circle (Add/Circle on pkg geo/silk top) I can not resize it once I end the circle command. I have tried edit/change, edit/vertex; edit/delete vertex, etc...... The only way I can find to change it is to delete it and draw it again. I have found the same thing to be very cumbersome when trying to edit the silk or assy outline in pkg/geo. Sometimes edit/vertex works, sometimes it doesn't.

I am using general edit mode and have selected the correct filters.

Tom

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Nov 29 2012 7:47 AM

• budnoel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 12 2008
    • Rochester, NY
    • Posts 129
    • Points 2,100
    Re: Symbol editing question to start the day Reply

I am not aware of any way to change the size of a circle once it is drawn.  The only thing Edit - Change allow you to do is change the subclass and/or the width of the line used to draw the circle.  I used Mentor Boardstation for years and it had the capability to change the size of a circle.  As far as editing vertices I've found that Edit - Vertex applies to lines not shapes or circles.  If you have a shape drawn you can select the shape and then change the shape by moving vertices or adding new ones.  Perhaps someone else can tune us both in to a feature of which I am unaware.

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Nov 29 2012 11:25 AM

• Rik Lee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 2 2008
    • HOME, SC
    • Posts 166
    • Points 2,730
    Re: Symbol editing question to start the day Reply

One of the new features added to the 16.6 release is the ability to change the radius of an instantiated line drawn circle.  You hover over a circle then use the RMB to access the 'Change Radius' command when in the General Edit App mode.

16.6 updates for Allegro PCB Editor can be fouind at the following location

http://support.cadence.com/wps/mypoc/cos?uri=deeplinkmin:DocumentViewer;src=wp;q=Training/Silicon-Package-Board_Co-Design/spb166/allegro.html

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by TH Designs at 29 Nov 2012 06:58 AM. Topic has 2 replies.