Home > Community > Forums > RF Design > Using .PWL for Input waveform for doing PSS (shooting method) & Pnoise

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Using .PWL for Input waveform for doing PSS (shooting method) & Pnoise 

Last post Tue, Dec 4 2012 5:20 PM by RFQuery. 2 replies.
Started by RFQuery 28 Nov 2012 10:41 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 1039 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:41 PM

• RFQuery
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 20 2011
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,270
    Using .PWL for Input waveform for doing PSS (shooting method) & Pnoise Reply

Dear All,

I was trying to simulate my  circuit  (using PSS/PNOISE) which has mixer for downconversion.

The clock for the mixers are coming from another circuit block.

When I simulate with my clock source circuit it takes a lot of time to  simulate the PSS.

So I want to simulate the clock source separately and capture the output waveform in a .PWL file.

This .PWL file I want to feed the main circuit for doing PSS/PNOISE analysis.

I am confused how it will work. Can anybody tell how this way of simulation will work with PSS/PNOISE. How this will affect the accuracy of the PSS/PNOISE simulation.

Kind Regards,

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Nov 30 2012 9:59 AM

• Tawna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 11 2008
    • Snohomish, WA
    • Posts 208
    • Points 5,500
    RE: Using .PWL for Input waveform for doing PSS (shooting method) & Pnoise Reply
    Hi RFQuery,

If you want to use a PWL source in your circuit, you should look at Chapter10 of the MMSIM 12.1 (note the version!) of the SpectreRF User Guide.

Below is a link (you must have a Cadence Online Support account to view this.)

http://support.cadence.com/wps/mypoc/cos?uri=deeplinkmin:DocumentViewer;src=pubs;q=/spectreRF/spectreRF12.1/Chap10.html

There are caveats of which you should be aware.  This document will tell you how to do it.

Best regards,
    Tawna
    Best regards, Tawna Wilsey Staff Support AE, Global Customer Support Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
    • Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Dec 4 2012 5:20 PM

• RFQuery
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 20 2011
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,270
    Re: RE: Using .PWL for Input waveform for doing PSS (shooting method) & Pnoise Reply

Dear Tawna,

Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by RFQuery at 28 Nov 2012 10:41 PM. Topic has 2 replies.