Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > About Schematic and layout...

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

About Schematic and layout... 

Last post Mon, Nov 19 2012 4:23 AM by oldmouldy. 1 replies.
Started by Wonderman 19 Nov 2012 03:28 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 878 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Nov 19 2012 3:28 AM

• Wonderman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 19 2012
    • Posts 7
    • Points 140
    About Schematic and layout... Reply

Thank you for quick reply, but since i am new to orcad I had put the wrong question. So once again I have put the question with the correction, Please reply....

I am designing a PCB using orcad. I put all the components in the schematic and make the connections and I create a netlist and hence the layout.

The questions are,

1) If I change any connection or component in the layout then it should show the error indicating that it is not in schematic.

2) Some times i may forget some connections in the schematic. In such case if I add any new connection in the layout then it should be applied to the schematic.

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Nov 19 2012 4:23 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,410
    • Points 24,070
    Re: About Schematic and layout... Reply

1) If I change any connection or component in the layout then it should show the error indicating that it is not in schematic.

Since you cannot change the connectivity, or the footprint component in PCB Editor, there is nothing to show in the schematic. If you make an invalid connection you will get a DRC in PCB Editor. The connectivity and footprints are determined from the netlist and this gets generated from the schematic data.

2) Some times i may forget some connections in the schematic. In such case if I add any new connection in the layout then it should be applied to the schematic.

The exact same thing applies, you cannot add, or remove connections in PCB Editor so, again, there is nothing to show in the schematic.

This question seems to be "pretty much" like the previous question and, strangely, the answer remains "pretty much" the same!

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Wonderman at 19 Nov 2012 03:28 AM. Topic has 1 replies.