Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Captable 

Last post Mon, Nov 19 2012 9:03 PM by victory2vicky. 2 replies.
Started by victory2vicky 18 Nov 2012 10:37 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 746 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sun, Nov 18 2012 10:37 PM

Captable Reply

Hi All,

I have a doubt regarding the contents contained in the captables.

What is the Exact difference between basic captable and Extended captable sections in the captable file.

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Nov 19 2012 7:49 AM

• wally1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 4 2008
    • Bellevue, WA
    • Posts 151
    • Points 2,945
    Re: Captable Reply

Here is information that explains the differences. If you believe something is wrong with the captable it is probably best to open a Service Request to get help debugging it.

ParagraphBullet
    Basic Captable Part: Contains the coefficients used by the preRoute capacitance extraction engine. This part contains the area, fringe, and lateral coupling capacitance coefficients organized per conductor layer for wires with different width and spacing. The basic captable part is presented in a readable tabular format.
    ParagraphBullet
    Extended Captable Part: Contains the coefficients used by the postRoute -effortLevel low capacitance extraction engine. This part is much larger compared to the basic captable part because the coefficients are generated on more complex profiles, which account for geometries on multiple layers. The extended captable part is an ASCII dump of the binary stored data

- Brian

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Nov 19 2012 9:03 PM

Re: Captable Reply

Thanks wally 

I have the underastanding as stated below 

Basic captable will generate by considering only one conducting layer geometries , But extended cap table will genereate by considering the geometries of all layers on a perticular layer . Is My understanding correct?

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by victory2vicky at 18 Nov 2012 10:37 PM. Topic has 2 replies.