Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > problem to run virtuoso 64 bits

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

problem to run virtuoso 64 bits 

Last post Fri, Nov 16 2012 5:31 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by wighou 15 Nov 2012 12:10 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 1509 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Nov 15 2012 12:10 PM

• wighou
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 22 2010
    • Posts 35
    • Points 580
    problem to run virtuoso 64 bits Reply

Hi,

When I try to run virtuoso in 64 bits mode with the command : ./IC615/tools/dfII/bin/64bit/virtuoso

I have the error :  error while loading shared libraries: libvsacpp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

But I can not find the package to install in my RHEL to solve it. The file libvsacpp.so seems not to exist.

Someone can help please ?

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Nov 16 2012 5:31 AM

Re: problem to run virtuoso 64 bits Reply

If you run "virtuoso -debug3264 -64" you should get this in the terminal window:

# CDS_AUTO_64BIT = ALL
    #
    # PATH = /export/home/apps/IC615_isr/bin:/export/home/apps/IC615_isr/tools/bin/64bit:/export/home/apps/IC615_isr/tools/bin:/export/home/apps/IC615_isr/share/oa/bin:/usr/NX/bin:/export/home/apps/MMSIM111_isr/tools/bin:/export/home/apps/IC615_isr/tools/dfII/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:.:/opt/Citrix/ICAClient:/export/home/andrewb/lib:/export/home/andrewb/lib
    #
    # LD_LIBRARY_PATH = /export/home/apps/IC615_isr/share/oa/lib/linux_rhel40_gcc44x_64/opt:/export/home/apps/IC615_isr/tools/Qt/64bit/lib:/export/home/apps/IC615_isr/tools/dfII/lib/64bit:/export/home/apps/IC615_isr/tools/sev/lib/64bit:/export/home/apps/IC615_isr/tools/lib/64bit:/export/home/apps/IC615_isr/tools/lib:/export/home/apps/IC615_isr/tools/inca/lib/64bit:/lib:/usr/lib/X11:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:.
    #
    # Launching: /export/home/apps/IC615_isr/tools/dfII/bin/64bit/virtuoso

(the exact paths will vary, of course). The key is that this shared library should exist in the tools/sev/lib/64bit directory. The package that provides that should get installed if you install any of a pretty large number of product numbers (probably all of them, in fact, from what I can see).

So the first step would be to see if that shared library is there.

Otherwise, how are you running virtuoso in 64 bit mode? What does "which virtuoso" give? What does the debug output shown above give?

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by wighou at 15 Nov 2012 12:10 PM. Topic has 1 replies.