Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Calculate local density of specified layers

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Calculate local density of specified layers 

Last post Wed, Jan 2 2013 1:07 AM by Quek. 1 replies.
Started by Yaosan Yeo 15 Nov 2012 08:32 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 934 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:32 AM

• Yaosan Yeo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 9 2012
    • Toronto, Ontario
    • Posts 22
    • Points 335
    Calculate local density of specified layers Reply

I'm interested in writing a SKILL code that calculates local density of any layers specified based on bbox given. I'm wondering what is the best way to achieve this. The function will be given a cellview, bbox, and layers to be processed. For example, getLocalDensity(d_cellview, l_bBox, l_layers)"

Based on the bbox, the code needs to identify all the objects such as instances, pcells, shapes, vias etc. within the bbox and calculate the total areas of the layers given in argument.

Since we have to do this hierarchically, I need some advice on which API functions will give me the best performance and allows me to get all the objects within that bbox through the hierarchy.

Thanks for sharing any insights into this kind of operation!

Filed under: ,
    • Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Jan 2 2013 1:07 AM

• Quek
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 14 2009
    • Singapore, 00-SG
    • Posts 1,069
    • Points 16,275
    Re: Calculate local density of specified layers Reply

Hi Yaosan

Actually density calculation can be quite complex so I think it might not be so easy to implement it using SKILL. If it is possible, you might want to just consider using the density functions in verification tools such as Assura or PVS.

I think an easy approach would be to make a copy of the instances in the layout and flatten the copied instances in memory. You can then easily get the shape bBox info from the flattened layouts. This method would of course not work too well on larget layouts.

Best regards
    Quek

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Yaosan Yeo at 15 Nov 2012 08:32 AM. Topic has 1 replies.