Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Positive/Negative plot mode

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Positive/Negative plot mode 

Last post Wed, Nov 7 2012 1:20 PM by oldmouldy. 1 replies.
Started by mfris 07 Nov 2012 01:11 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 834 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Nov 7 2012 1:11 PM

• mfris
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 18 2012
    • Durham, NC
    • Posts 20
    • Points 440
    Positive/Negative plot mode Reply

Hello,

I have finished (I think) my first board and I'm ready to send files to a board house for a quote.  Could someone explain how I should select whether to use positive or negative plot mode?  It's not clear to me when it might be appropriate to use one vs. the other, but I could imagine that selecting the wrong one could make my board turn out very, very wrong.

I'm not really sure what relevant information is needed in the selection process.  As background, I used a ground fill (copper pour assigned to GND) on all layers and this is a 4 layer board.

Also, I have already generated a soldermask bottom, soldermask top, and silkscreen top folder in the Artwork Control Form -> Film control.  In addition to those things I have etch, pin, and via information for each of the layers in the film control tab.  I'm using PCB Designer 16.5.

Thanks!

Filed under: ,
    • Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Nov 7 2012 1:20 PM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,382
    • Points 23,540
    Re: Positive/Negative plot mode Reply

You can't change the plot mode in the Artwork control any more, you get a "plot mode does not match <blah>", or something like that if you try to select a different plot mode. IF you use Positive Dynamic Shapes, recommended, you will get positive artwork.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by mfris at 07 Nov 2012 01:11 PM. Topic has 1 replies.