Home > Community > Forums > RF Design > Polar plots in VIVA

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Polar plots in VIVA 

Last post Mon, Nov 5 2012 10:42 AM by Tawna. 2 replies.
Started by TheFlash 02 Nov 2012 06:25 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 1046 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:25 PM

• TheFlash
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 3 2012
    • Posts 1
    • Points 35
    Polar plots in VIVA Reply

In Cadence 6.1.5(.500.7) I can't find ways to plot in polar format the complex ac gain of circuits (and spars, and stb, ...). This was available in AWD in Cadence 5.1. In VIVA XL I can go to Graph > Display Type > Real vs Imag, but the functionality seems broken: It plots Imag against frequency, not the much hoped for curve in the complex plane that AWD was able to deliver. If there is a way, please let me know.

Related: I notice that the number of ocean commands to drive viva plotting is very small to the large set that used to be available for AWD. I have scripts from Cadence 5.1 days that use many of these functions to produce beautiful plots. Is Viva going to be made as powerful as AWD, or if not, is there ANY way I can get results to plot in AWD while simulating in 6.1.5?

• Post Points: 35
  • Mon, Nov 5 2012 10:38 AM

• Tawna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 10 2008
    • Snohomish, WA
    • Posts 209
    • Points 5,535
    RE: Polar plots in VIVA Reply
    Hi FlashFlashFlas,

Plotting on the Smith and Polar charts is much easier in IC6.1.5. A huge improvement!

You may want to look at this blog posting:  New Time-Saving Feature in IC6.1.4 ISR2: Plot S-Parameter Data Directly From ViVA!

http://www.cadence.com/Community/blogs/rf/archive/2010/05/20/new-time-saving-feature-in-ic6-1-4-isr2-you-can-now-plot-s-parameter-data-directly-from-viva.aspx?postID=62065

best regards,

Tawna
    Best regards, Tawna Wilsey Staff Support AE, Global Customer Support Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
    • Post Points: 5
  • Mon, Nov 5 2012 10:42 AM

• Tawna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 10 2008
    • Snohomish, WA
    • Posts 209
    • Points 5,535
    RE: Polar plots in VIVA Reply
    Hi FlashFlashFlas,

You may have also run into the issue described in Solution 11745974 which is described in the link below:

http://support.cadence.com/wps/mypoc/cos?uri=deeplinkmin:ViewSolution;solutionNumber=11745974

ViVA is much more powerful than AWD.  There is a learning curve, however.  Things have changed.

I also recommend upgrading to the most recent version of IC6.1.5 (ISR13 or later).  There have been many enhancements and bug fixes since ISR7.

Best regards,

Tawna
    Best regards, Tawna Wilsey Staff Support AE, Global Customer Support Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by TheFlash at 02 Nov 2012 06:25 PM. Topic has 2 replies.