Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > How to change viewName of the pin in schematic view by Skill?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to change viewName of the pin in schematic view by Skill? 

Last post Wed, Jan 2 2013 4:45 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by Slayer 29 Oct 2012 11:36 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 870 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Oct 29 2012 11:36 PM

• Slayer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 14 2011
    • Posts 29
    • Points 310
    How to change viewName of the pin in schematic view by Skill? Reply

Hi all!

Is it possible to change view name of the instance by the skill code? The question is, that I have in schematic view "iopin" instances with viewName "symbolr" and I need to change it on "symbol", I try to do it from instHeader:

inst = setof(i pcCV->instances i->cellName == "iopin" && i->viewName == "symbolr");

foreach(i inst
          dbSetInstHeaderMasterName(i~>instHeader i~>instHeader~>libName i~>instHeader~>cellName "symbol") ;
        );end foreach

But in result I have WARNING message:

*WARNING* can't set two instHeaders to the same master

Any ideas?

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Jan 2 2013 4:45 AM

Re: How to change viewName of the pin in schematic view by Skill? Reply

Which version are you using? It's a bit odd iterating over the instances and then setting the instHeader on each instance - the instHeader is common to all instances of the same type - so setting it once will set all instances in one shot. So you'd iterate over cvId~>instHeaders and then change them once.

If you want to set each instance separately, you'd set the master attribute on the instance - and the instHeaders will take care of themselves.

So setting the instHeader master is a very quick way to change all instances of a lib/cell/view to a different lib/cell/view in one go.

That said, I tried doing what you were doing in IC615, and couldn't reproduce the problem (but as I said, it's a bit of an odd way of doing things anyway).

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Slayer at 29 Oct 2012 11:36 PM. Topic has 1 replies.