Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Line to Shape Spacing DRC on Every Trace

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Line to Shape Spacing DRC on Every Trace 

Last post Wed, Oct 24 2012 1:31 AM by steve. 1 replies.
Started by Grue42 23 Oct 2012 12:01 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 1360 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Oct 23 2012 12:01 PM

• Grue42
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 21 2011
    • City, NJ
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50
    Line to Shape Spacing DRC on Every Trace Reply

Hello,

I am just starting out with OrCAD 16.5 and I had a few questions.

1.  I have imported a design from Capture but in connecting the traces I have a "Line to Shape Spacing" DRC at pretty much every 45* angle junction.  It says "constraint value 5mil, actual value 0mil."  It's all one net - is there a way to fix this?
    I'm also getting "Thru pin to shape spacing" errors on some, but not all of my through hole pads within the same part... I'm not sure if that's related.

2.  Is there a way to add/remove a component to a net in the PCB editor, or do I have to go back to the schematic and re-import a new netlist?

3. I was also wondering if there's a spreadsheet feature like 9 had, where I could see every component, net, position etc.

The first problem is my most pressing.   I really appreciate any insight you can give to these errors!  Thank you.

Cheers!

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    • Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Oct 24 2012 1:31 AM

• steve
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 18 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,182
    • Points 19,265
    Re: Line to Shape Spacing DRC on Every Trace Reply

1. Check Constraint Manager (Setup - Constraints - Constraint Manager) Look at Spacing Rules and check to see what you have set for Shape to Line. I would also check that the Shape you have added is a dynamic shape and not a static one. Dynamic Shapes update automatically, static ones do not and need to be voided to create the clearance.

2. Not unless you have a high end Allegro XL License but even then it's recommended that you update the schematic and import the netlist into the PCB.

3. Constraint Manager.

There are lots of youtube videos available. Have a look at http://www.youtube.com/user/parsysEDA/videos?sort=dd&flow=grid&view=0

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Grue42 at 23 Oct 2012 12:01 PM. Topic has 1 replies.