Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > ADE XL doesn't work. ERROR (ADEXL-5025)

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

ADE XL doesn't work. ERROR (ADEXL-5025) 

Last post Fri, Nov 9 2012 8:33 AM by Matrixesque. 3 replies.
Started by habet 23 Oct 2012 03:33 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 1215 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Oct 23 2012 3:33 AM

• habet
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 14 2011
    • Posts 5
    • Points 115
    ADE XL doesn't work. ERROR (ADEXL-5025) Reply

Hello everyone,

I am using Normal 0 21 false false false FR X-NONE X-NONE Cadence IC6.1.5-64b.500.9  (64-bit addresses) for my design.

The simulation with ADE L works well. I want to use ADE XL to do monte carlo simulation so, it doens't work. I tried a single run with ADE XL, it doesn't work also and it gives this message's error.

ERROR (ADEXL-5025): Preparation to run the simulation is failed for the run Interactive.24, point 1, test

Error while preparing to run the simulation.
     Cannot copy "netlist into run netlist" from "/home/xxx/simulation/TEST/emeteur_commun/adexl/results/data/Interactive.24/1/TEST:emeteur_commun:1/netlist" to "/home/xxx/simulation/TEST/emeteur_commun/adexl/results/data/Interactive.24/psf/TEST:emeteur_commun:1/netlist", cpDataDir call returned 0

For details open log: /home/xxx/Qubic4X_wrk/logs_xxx/Job8.log for the point: (0 1)

did someone met this problem ?

Thank you for your help.

Abdel

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Nov 7 2012 2:54 PM

Re: ADE XL doesn't work. ERROR (ADEXL-5025) Reply

I also seem to have this problem, and the log file is no help.

ERROR (ADEXL-5025): Preparation to run the simulation is failed for the run Interactive.1, point 1, test RNG:default_ell_filter:1, received error:

Error:

------------------------------

Error while preparing to run the simulation.

Cannot copy "netlist into run netlist" from "/root/simulation/RNG/default_ell_filter/default_ell_view/results/data/Interactive.1/1/RNG:default_ell_filter:1/netlist" to "/root/simulation/RNG/default_ell_filter/default_ell_view/results/data/Interactive.1/psf/RNG:default_ell_filter:1/netlist", cpDataDir call returned 0

For details open log: /home/rguerra/logs_root/Job2.log for the point: (1 1)

------------------------------

For more details, consult the job log file:

/home/rguerra/logs_root/Job2.log 

However, when I go and take a look at the log, there is no helpful information there. Perhaps this error number means something to someone somewhere. I would normally associate a return value of 0 to be a good sign, but it seems that isn't the case here. Virtuoso is run as root with root permissions.

\o Netlisting Statistics:

\o Number of components:    4

\o 

\o Elapsed time:          0.0s

\o Errors: 0 Warnings: 0

\o       ...successful.

\o compose simulator input file...

\o       ...successful.

\e *Error* Error during netlisting of design for the point ID (1 1).

\e ("error" 1 t nil ("*Error* Cannot copy \"netlist into run netlist\" from \"/root/simulation/RNG/default_ell_filter/default_ell_view/results/data/Interactive.1/1/RNG:default_ell_filter:1/netlist\" to \"/root/simulation/RNG/default_ell_filter/default_ell_view/results/data/Interactive.1/psf/RNG:default_ell_filter:1/netlist\", cpDataDir call returned 0"))

\e 

\e 

\o 

\o *Error*   Error ID  = 5025

\o *Error*   Error Msg = Error while preparing to run the simulation.

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 5
  • Wed, Nov 7 2012 2:56 PM

FWIW, this is on IC6.15.011 with MMSIM11.1
  • Fri, Nov 9 2012 8:33 AM

Following up with my solution to this problem. I had assumed that cpDataDir was a SKILL command and was thus implemented internally. Turn out this is not the case--this is a simple problem of incomplete tool paths. As per Cadence customer service, in a csh environment, the system path should look like the following:

set path = ( $MMSIMHOME/tools/bin \ $CDSHOME/tools/bin \ $CDSHOME/tools/dfII/bin \ $CDSHOME/tools/plot/bin \ $CDSHOME/tools/etc \ /usr/local/bin $path )

In my bash environment, my setup is the same but with different syntax:

• export CDSHOME=/root/cadence/installs/IC615
    • export MMSIMHOME=/root/cadence/installs/MMSIM111
    • export PATH=$PATH:$MMSIMHOME/tools/bin
    • export PATH=$PATH:$CDSHOME/bin
    • export PATH=$PATH:$CDSHOME/tools/bin
    • export PATH=$PATH:$CDSHOME/tools/dfII/bin
    • export PATH=$PATH:$CDSHOME/tools/plot/bin
    • export PATH=$PATH:$CDSHOME/tools/etc/bin

The key is that the cpDataDir executable is located in $CDSHOME/tools/dfII/bin.

Best of luck to any Googlers!

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by habet at 23 Oct 2012 03:33 AM. Topic has 3 replies.