Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Subcircuit Is Undefined Error

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Subcircuit Is Undefined Error  

Last post Tue, Oct 9 2012 12:30 PM by KillaKem. 4 replies.
Started by KillaKem 06 Oct 2012 04:57 AM. Topic has 4 replies and 2848 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sat, Oct 6 2012 4:57 AM

• KillaKem
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 6 2012
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    Subcircuit Is Undefined Error Reply

When I try and simulate my circuit, which is just a buffer made up of two inverters back to back, I get the error messages shown below:

WARNING -- Library file C:\Cadence\SPB_16.3\tools\PSpice\Library\infineon.lib has changed since index file nom.ind was created.

WARNING -- The timestamp changed from Thu Jun 21 17:50:36 2007 to Mon Jan 04 11:42:56 2010.

Making new index file nom.ind for library file nom.lib

ERROR -- Unable to open index file C:\Cadence\SPB_16.3\tools\PSpice\Library\nom.ind. Refer to 'How PSpice uses model libraries' section of pspug.

ERROR -- Unable to make index for library file C:\Cadence\SPB_16.3\tools\PSpice\Library\nom.lib

ERROR -- Subcircuit INV10_H is undefined

ERROR -- Subcircuit INV10_H is undefined

I have added both the NOM.LIB and the other LIB file that contains the INV10_H design as global libraries in simulation settings options window but the errors are still coming up.I thought the problem had something to do with the C:\ drive being READ ONLY so I tried moving both files to another drive and added the LIB files from there but errors still show up IN THE EXACT SAME WAY even though I added the new path in the list of library paths, which I think may mean the ORCAD PSPICE program is refusing to change the path from C:\ to H:\ for some reason.

Please Help.This is my first design :(

• Post Points: 20
  • Sun, Oct 7 2012 10:24 AM

• alokt
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 22 2008
    • Noida, Uttar Pradesh
    • Posts 241
    • Points 3,470
    Re: Subcircuit Is Undefined Error Reply

Yes,you need to provide write permission on C drive, more specifically for "C:\Cadence\SPB_16.3\tools\PSpice\Library" folder. If you can not do this, move the complete library folder anoter location where you have write permission, say H: drive. 

Open the PSpice.ini file from C:\Cadence\SPB_16.3\tools\PSpice\PSpice.ini location

Edit the LIBPATH sestion and replace existing lipath with new path.

Adding new path would not help, as PSpice would still try to create the index file for C:\Cadence\SPB_16.3\tools\PSpice\Library\nom.lib. Looks like this is case at your end.

• Mon, Oct 8 2012 1:52 AM

• KillaKem
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    But the PSpice.ini file is also in the C:\ drive so I can not edit it, is there a way of moving it to the H:\ drive and using it from there?
  • Tue, Oct 9 2012 4:45 AM

• alokt
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 22 2008
    • Noida, Uttar Pradesh
    • Posts 241
    • Points 3,470

Copy the PSpice.INI file to H:\ or other location, along with Library files. Edit the PSpice.INI as described above. 

Then you need to edit the registry entries, I am not sure if you have permission to modify those. in case you have, do the following

Edit the value for "PSpiceConfigFile" under following REG key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cadence Design Systems\Interchange\16.3.0\ProductConfiguration\Shared

Point it to modified PSpice.ini

• Tue, Oct 9 2012 12:30 PM

• KillaKem
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    In the end I ended up arranging for the C:\ drive to be given write access, going into the registry scares me.Thanks a lot.
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by KillaKem at 06 Oct 2012 04:57 AM. Topic has 4 replies.