Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Automatically route the net for all devices which is selected in Layout.

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Automatically route the net for all devices which is selected in Layout. 

Last post Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:35 PM by Andrew Beckett. 6 replies.
Started by Sarvani 24 Sep 2012 08:10 AM. Topic has 6 replies and 1143 views
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Sep 24 2012 8:10 AM

• Sarvani
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 12 2012
    • VIZAG, Andhra Pradesh
    • Posts 112
    • Points 1,920
    Automatically route the net for all devices which is selected in Layout. Reply

Hi all,

I am working on Layout XL. When I select the a net on layout then it will automatically route. For example in layoutXL 3 devices has "net1" connection. If I select "net1" then "net1" routing will be automatically done for those 3 devices.  Is there any command for this directly or need to write code for this. Please suggest me on this.

Thank you,

sarvani

• Post Points: 35
  • Mon, Sep 24 2012 8:45 AM

Re: Automatically route the net for all devices which is selected in Layout. Reply

Sarvani,

In IC615 you can turn on the Navigator (Window->Assistants->Navigator), find the net you want to route, and then do Right Mouse->Route  with default lookup or Route with WA Overrides (this is any settings in the wire editor).

Alternatively you can start routing from one of the connection points using the wire editor ( Create->Wiring->Wire) and then do Right Mouse -> Finish Entire Net.

If you have more than one net selected in the navigator, you can do that too, but in that case it will use the appropriate number of Layout GXL tokens (as it's effectively using the full router then).

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
  • Mon, Sep 24 2012 8:48 AM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,535
    • Points 14,940
    Re: Automatically route the net for all devices which is selected in Layout. Reply

Hi Sarvani,

It is very important to include the version that you are using, this will greatly affect the answer that you receive, and therefore the effectiveness of that answer (for example, I tell you about a feature of IC615 that you don't have because you are using IC5141 - not too useful to you).

In IC615, if you select a net in the Navigator Assistant you can route directly from there using the built-in routing features (right mouse click and choose Route with Default Lookup, or Route with Wire Assistant Overrides).

Please provide more details and perhaps you can get a better answer.

regards,

Lawrence.

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Sep 24 2012 9:09 AM

• Sarvani
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • VIZAG, Andhra Pradesh
    • Posts 112
    • Points 1,920

Sorry Lawrence and Andrew. I am using IC5141 version. Is it work's for this version. And thank you for your golden suggestions. 

Thank you,

Sarvani

• Mon, Sep 24 2012 9:32 AM

No., it's not available in IC5141. You can use VCAR (Virtuoso Chip Assembly Router) to do automated routing though, which can be accessed via the Routing menus.

Andrew.

• Mon, Sep 24 2012 11:14 PM

• Sarvani
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • VIZAG, Andhra Pradesh
    • Posts 112
    • Points 1,920

Hi Andrew,

I am using wire editor for routing. I would like to follow two via's(1*2) and metal orientation(MET2 horizontal and MET1 vertical). How can I set this?

Thank you,

Sarvani.

• Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:35 PM

Sarvani,

One way I've done this in the past is to start the router with a "do" file (there's an option to do this on the export to router form), with something like the following contents:

define (class ALLNETS *)
    #
    circuit class ALLNETS (use_via M2_M1 M3_M2 M4_M3 M5_M4 M6_M5 (use_array M2_M1 1 2 ) (use_array M3_M2  1 2) (use_array M4_M3 1 2) (use_array M5_M4 1 2) (use_array M6_M5 1 2))
    #
    set enforce_use_array_rule on

You'll need to give the right via names there - this is telling it to use 1 by 2 via arrays for all nets.

Regards,

Andrew

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Sarvani at 24 Sep 2012 08:10 AM. Topic has 6 replies.