Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Embedding a hypertext link in Report Fields

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Embedding a hypertext link in Report Fields 

Last post Mon, Sep 17 2012 9:37 PM by Aditya A S V. 5 replies.
Started by Aditya A S V 11 Sep 2012 04:16 AM. Topic has 5 replies and 1033 views
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Sep 11 2012 4:16 AM

Embedding a hypertext link in Report Fields Reply

Hi all,

I am working on developing a Skill based GUI which will do the following...

[1] Submit some jobs (say some quality check flows) and monitor their status (running/complete/error).

[2] Display the various results generated by them as links alongside in the GUI, so that user may click the link and open the reports individually as described below

S.No   cells     Flow1_Status     Flow2_Status     Flow1_Report    Flow2_Report

1        cell1     Complete          Running              link(report)         link(report)

2        cell2     Running             Complete           link(report)         link(report)

I chose to use "hiCreateReportField()" to do this and was looking for an option wherein I can embedd a hypertext link as an element of a report field. Hence, help me to know if this is possible. If not, what other alternative can I use to display my report in a clear and legible manner.

Regards,

Aditya

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Sep 12 2012 8:28 AM

• dmay
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • Allen, TX
    • Posts 394
    • Points 7,420
    Re: Embedding a hypertext link in Report Fields Reply

You cannot embed a clickable hypertext link in a report field, but you can put the url in the field and have the report field call back open the web page. If you'd prefer not to do it with the callback, you can put another button on the form that opens the web page for the selected item in the report field. You can also make the url column width be 0 so the url is not visible so only useful data appears in the report.

Derek

• Wed, Sep 12 2012 10:37 PM

Thank You for your reply Derek,

As hyperlinking is not possible, I have been trying other alternatives to get the job done. I tried adding " ?doubleClickCB 'openReport" in the reportField. I could get the integer Index pointing to the Row being selected, but am not very sure how to derive the data corresponding to the row.

Also, I have enable the sorting option. And have noticed that the index value of the Row returned is only dependent on the way the data is displayed in the form but not on the actual sequence in which the data was fed to the Choice list "l_choices". And this makes it difficult to extract data from the choice list using the index value. Could you/anyone please provide me with more insights on how to deal with this?

Thanks a lot,

Aditya

• Post Points: 5
  • Wed, Sep 12 2012 10:46 PM

Ooops, My bad....I have just now realised that the choce list also gets sorted the instant the data in the ReportField is sorted. Hence I can access the data as follows
    nth(Row_Index hiGetCurrentForm()~>ReportField~>choices).

Thanks a lot once again.

• Thu, Sep 13 2012 6:29 AM

• dmay
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • Allen, TX
    • Posts 394
    • Points 7,420

I'm glad you got it to work. I have a little routine I use to pull specific columns of information from any report field that I define. You pass it the field id (hiGetCurrentForm()~>ReportField in your case) and an optional list of columns that you want to retrieve.

myfpGetSelectedReportFieldList(hiGetCurrentForm()~>ReportField)
    or
    myfpGetSelectedReportFieldList(hiGetCurrentForm()~>ReportField list(2 3)) ;Retrieve data from columns 2 and 3

Derek

/*
    myfpGetSelectedReportFieldList(
        field
        [columns]
    )

Reads the integer list of selected items in report field and returns the corresponding data.
    You can request which columns are returned.

#ARGUMENTS
    =field
    fieldId
    =[columns]
    list(0 1 ...) - specify a list of column numbers to return

#RETURN_VALUES
    =list(values) - each value may be a list if more than one column is requrested

*/
    procedure(myfpGetSelectedReportFieldList(field @optional (columns list(0)))
      let((item itemInfo itemList)
        foreach(num field->value
            item=nth(num field->choices)
            itemInfo=nil
            foreach(column reverse(columns)
                itemInfo=cons(nth(column item) itemInfo)
            )
            when(length(itemInfo)==1 itemInfo=car(itemInfo))
            itemList=cons(itemInfo itemList)
        )
        itemList
      ) ;let
    ) ;proc

• Mon, Sep 17 2012 9:37 PM

Thanks a lot Derek, I found your skill routine very useful :)
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Aditya A S V at 11 Sep 2012 04:16 AM. Topic has 5 replies.