Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > How to compile verilog file to valid IC6.x cellview from command prompt

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to compile verilog file to valid IC6.x cellview from command prompt 

Last post Wed, Aug 15 2012 3:08 AM by aleksand1975. 2 replies.
Started by aleksand1975 15 Aug 2012 02:18 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 1368 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Aug 15 2012 2:18 AM

How to compile verilog file to valid IC6.x cellview from command prompt Reply

Hi,

I need to compile verilog files to valid  IC6.x cellviews from command prompt (batch file).

In IC5.x I used command “ncvlog –use5x...” to compile existing verilog file to valid cellview

In  IC6.x with ncvlog 11.1 cellview still criated in format of IC5.x . It meens no netlist.oa and some other files that exists in IC6.x cellview.

So can you please explain me how can i create valid  IC6.x cellview using command prompt command?

THank you very much. 

Filed under: , ,
    • Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Aug 15 2012 2:36 AM

Re: How to compile verilog file to valid IC6.x cellview from command prompt Reply

In IC5141 it didn't create the ".cdb" file either. You can compile the files in using ncvlog -use5x still, but to create the "shadow" databases (which contain the info about terminals and so on needed for OSS netlisting), you should use the vmsUpdateCellViews() SKILL function. Search in cdnshelp for this function for details as to how it should be used.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Aug 15 2012 3:08 AM

Re: How to compile verilog file to valid IC6.x cellview from command prompt Reply

Hi Andrew, 

Thank you for explanation. But is it a way to run this function (vmsUpdateCellViews()) from batch file?

Regards,

Alex. 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by aleksand1975 at 15 Aug 2012 02:18 AM. Topic has 2 replies.