Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

DFM issues 

Last post Mon, Jul 30 2012 8:02 AM by wally1. 1 replies.
Started by BraveHeart 28 Jul 2012 01:29 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 1722 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sat, Jul 28 2012 1:29 AM

DFM issues Reply

Dear Brian

Hope you are doing fine and well , I would just like to learn a few more tips (with your help of course).

1. I am trying to put multiple vias on metal contacts.

2. I also want to increase the width of the metal wires by defining a "Non-Default-Rule" in the encounter tool .

Both these options are invoked in the set-nano-route-mode form, and in that form the DFM tab . when I set these parameters and apply the DFM tab it says in the log file that I dont have a GXL license , which is quite true I have an XL license..

Is it possible that I can make these adjustments without using the DFM tab or is their any other way to go around this situiation?

thanks in advance

Cheers

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jul 30 2012 8:02 AM

• wally1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 4 2008
    • Bellevue, WA
    • Posts 151
    • Points 2,940
    Re: DFM issues Reply

Multi-cut via insertion does not require a GXL license. You can perform multi-cut via insertion with the XL license.

Post-route wire spreading does require a GXL license. If some nets require wider metal then you can specify the non-default rule to use for those nets prior to routing. Then NanoRoute will route those nets with the non-default rule you specify. Use setAttribute to specify the non-default rule for a net:

setAttribute -net netName -non_default_rule ruleName

Thanks,

Brian

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by BraveHeart at 28 Jul 2012 01:29 AM. Topic has 1 replies.