Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Allegro PCB Designer : Interlayer Spacing ?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Allegro PCB Designer : Interlayer Spacing ?  

Last post Thu, Jul 26 2012 7:00 AM by lcanx2. 3 replies.
Started by mxlecanu 26 Jul 2012 02:56 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 1781 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Jul 26 2012 2:56 AM

• mxlecanu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 16 2012
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90
    Allegro PCB Designer : Interlayer Spacing ? Reply

Hi,

I'm currently working with Cadence 16.5 and I would like to add an interlayer spacing constraint for two adjacent layers, in order to prevent interlayer crosstalk between differential pairs.

I spent some hours looking for a solution, and I found this post : http://www.cadence.com/Community/forums/p/18113/1251634.aspx where Icanx2 talks about “PCB Interlayer Clearance Rule”.

I searched into Cadence's help and found a procedure to set interlayer spacing rule, but the problem is that the first step is : Choose Rules - PCB - Interlayer - By Layer Pair, but I couldn't find this menu anywhere in the GUI...

I also found a command line to set this parameter : "rule PCB (inter_layer_clearance 1.2 (layer_pair cc via))", but when I use the same command line with the layer names corresponding to my layout, Allegro tells me that the command couldn't be found...

If someone already worked on interlayer nets spacing and knows how to set a rule generating a DRC this would be really helpful.

Thank you very much,

Have a nice day. 

• Post Points: 35
  • Thu, Jul 26 2012 4:55 AM

• pcbnagaraj
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 6 2011
    • bangalore, Karnataka
    • Posts 55
    • Points 1,130
    RE: Allegro PCB Designer : Interlayer Spacing ? Reply
    They are the rules used in Allegro Auto router . I have not used it , but you can refer to the Allegro PCB Router Command Reference document in the Allegro help for the procedures and usage.

Thanks,

Nagaraj.
    • Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Jul 26 2012 5:28 AM

• mxlecanu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 16 2012
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90
    Re: RE: Allegro PCB Designer : Interlayer Spacing ? Reply

Hi Nagaraj,

Thanks for your help.

Does that mean that it is only available with auto router ? Do you know a way to set a similar constraint for manual routing process, which would generate a DRC ?

I already looked at Allegro Router Command Reference Manual, and the first step of the procedure is to go to Rules -> PCB -> Interlayer -> By Layer Pair. But I couldn't find it in the Allegro PCB Designer GUI... (which could be explained if only available for autorouting...)

Thanks again,

Maxime

• Post Points: 5
  • Thu, Jul 26 2012 7:00 AM

• lcanx2
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 15 2008
    • Marlborough, MA
    • Posts 20
    • Points 285
    RE: Allegro PCB Designer : Interlayer Spacing ? Reply
    You may want to try setting your layer to layer spacings in the PCB Router GUI itself.

From the Allegro pulldown menus:

Route->PCB Router->Route Editor…

Then, from the Pulldown menus of the Router GUI, access the Interlayer clearance settings by choosing:

Rules->Class to Class->Interlayer

After entering your spacings and choosing your assignments you should end up with a rule looking similar to:

rule class_class _difpr_QLM0_RX_0 _difpr_QLM0_TX_1 (inter_layer_clearance 10 (layer_depth 5))

Bill
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by mxlecanu at 26 Jul 2012 02:56 AM. Topic has 3 replies.