Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > analog artist - option "-use_proc"

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

analog artist - option "-use_proc" 

Last post Thu, Jul 12 2012 8:20 AM by challiolbruno. 8 replies.
Started by challiolbruno 12 Jul 2012 06:45 AM. Topic has 8 replies and 1908 views
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Jul 12 2012 6:45 AM

analog artist - option "-use_proc" Reply

Hello,

I currently use Analog Artist to run my simulations. If I look at the excution file ("runSimulation" file), the "-use_proc" option appears.
    Would you know how to disable this option from Analog Artist?

Thank you for your help.

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Jul 12 2012 6:57 AM

Re: analog artist - option "-use_proc" Reply

Are you sure it's "-use_proc"? I can't see anything in the code that outputs that. I can see "-proc", but not "-use_proc". The "-proc" is added if  you set the "processor affinity" field on the Setup->High Performance Options form (I generally advise against setting that unless you have complete control over the machine you're running on and really understand what you're doing).

Andrew.

• Thu, Jul 12 2012 7:06 AM

Thank you Andrew for your reactivity.

Yes, the option is "-use_proc". But with your answer, I think I have found how to disable this option: Setup --> Environment --> uncheck "Multi Threading".

Thank you!

• Thu, Jul 12 2012 7:27 AM

What version are you using (Help->About should tell you the exact subversion)?

Andrew

• Thu, Jul 12 2012 7:29 AM

Version IC6 1.5.500.8
  • Thu, Jul 12 2012 7:41 AM

Strange. There does not appear to be anything in ISR8 which outputs "-use_proc". Maybe you have some customization at your site which is altering the behaviour of the standard spectre integration. 

I just realised you didn't say which simulator you're using. I did a bit of googling, and saw that this appears to be an option for Mentor Graphic's Eldo (and AdvanceMS) - and is to do with how multi-threading is enabled.

So are you using Eldo?

Andrew.

• Thu, Jul 12 2012 7:55 AM

Yes, we are using Eldo. I think that why we have this option. But for me, the problem is solved, thanks to your first answer.
  • Thu, Jul 12 2012 7:58 AM

OK, that was rather an important piece of information which you really should have given in the original question... without that I wasted effort trying to find the option in the spectre integration. Since Eldo is not from Cadence, we don't own the integration...

Shows the importance of providing all the relevant data when asking questions!

Luckily my spectre-related guesswork proved by luck to be related to a similar option in Eldo. But that was just luck.

Andrew.

• Thu, Jul 12 2012 8:20 AM

OK, sorry for this missing information.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by challiolbruno at 12 Jul 2012 06:45 AM. Topic has 8 replies.