Home > Community > Forums > Digital Implementation > Documentation for MMMC flow with CPF

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Documentation for MMMC flow with CPF 

Last post Wed, May 16 2012 10:48 AM by tstark. 4 replies.
Started by mamsadegh 10 May 2012 09:35 AM. Topic has 4 replies and 2744 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, May 10 2012 9:35 AM

• mamsadegh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 22 2011
    • Bologna, Bologna
    • Posts 13
    • Points 170
    Documentation for MMMC flow with CPF Reply

Hi,

In SOC Encounter Users Guide, Chapter 43, "Performing Multi-Mode Multi-Corner Timing Analysis and Optimization" , describes MMMC flow completely however, I feel this description is supposing that you don't have a CPF file in your design, since most of the parts in the flow will be actually done in the CPF file and we don't need to do them manually. 

Is this correct?

In other words, The ".view" file, which is used for configuring MMMC, should be created automatically from CPF. Right now, as what I see from version 10.11 of encounter, this does not happen and you should create the .view manually. 

Is there any documentation , describing MMMC flow, considering also CPF file created and loaded for the design? or any script examples? 

thanks

M.S.Sadri.
    • Post Points: 20
  • Thu, May 10 2012 2:59 PM

• wally1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 4 2008
    • Bellevue, WA
    • Posts 148
    • Points 2,895
    Re: Documentation for MMMC flow with CPF Reply

If you're using CPF you're correct that most of the MMMC setup is defined in the CPF, but not all. The following solution provides an example of what is defined in the CPF and what additional info you have to define outside of the CPF (i.e. rc_corners, SI libs, etc.):

http://support.cadence.com/wps/mypoc/cos?uri=deeplinkmin:ViewSolution;solutionNumber=11575688

After the CPF is loaded and MMMC environment is setup it gets saved to the viewDefinition.tcl file under the database directory.

The CPF reference manual describes the commands used within the CPF.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Brian

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, May 11 2012 2:30 AM

• mamsadegh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 22 2011
    • Bologna, Bologna
    • Posts 13
    • Points 170

hi

Ok, I read the solution.

So, when I issue , "loadCPF" and "commitCPF" for my design in encounter, the analysis views will be created automatically based on the CPF file and all I need to do is just to add the proper RC corner to each analysis view. 

more over, 

when you load the design for the first time in encounter environment to perform initial place&route, the CPF will be read automatically by the scripts (produced by RC compiler) however, when you performed P&R and you stored the design, if your Restore it, CPF is not read and you should do this part yourself. 

more over, this "viewDefinition" file , which is created automatically by the tool when storing the design, should be cleared or should 

be commented completely , because this part is what you should do yourself through your script. 

is that correct?

regards

M.S.Sadri.
    • Post Points: 35
  • Mon, May 14 2012 7:57 AM

• wally1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 4 2008
    • Bellevue, WA
    • Posts 148
    • Points 2,895

If you load the CPF then it will get saved to the EDI database. You'll see a *.cpfdb file under the *.enc.dat directory. A viewDefinition.tcl file will also exist. So when you restore the design your MMMC environment will be read in and you do not need to re-load the CPF.Run report_analysis_views after restoring the design to confirm this.

• Post Points: 5
  • Wed, May 16 2012 10:48 AM

• tstark
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 28 2008
    • San Jose, CA
    • Posts 40
    • Points 455

Hi, M.S.Sadri.

I'm glad you were able to access the solution.

For other university students, access is available through your on campus University Program contact (e.g. professor, IT, etc.). You can get an account to access various information, solutions, and documentation.

pstark

Filed under: , ,
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by mamsadegh at 10 May 2012 09:35 AM. Topic has 4 replies.