Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > spectreVerilog

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

spectreVerilog 

Last post Tue, Apr 10 2012 8:51 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by uzzy 03 Apr 2012 11:38 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 1938 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Apr 3 2012 11:38 PM

• uzzy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 20 2011
    • Posts 7
    • Points 110
    spectreVerilog Reply

Hello, 

I have being using spectreverilog tool to run some mixed signal sims. When I try to run pvt sims using ocean environment,the sims run fine but it looks for a license pair afresh as it is about to start the second PVT sim. It does not use the same set of spectre and verilog license it had acquired when it ran the first sim.This is a problem for me. I want to make sure that all my PVT sims in ocean environment use the same pair of spectre and verilog license and not grab some other spectre/verilog license if they are available. I would like to know if anybody is aware of a way to do this in Virtuoso/Ocean environments.

Regards,

Uzzy 

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Apr 10 2012 8:51 AM

Re: spectreVerilog Reply

Uzzy,

With spectre, this is achieved using the cdsenv setting spectre.envOpts controlMode. There's a similar setting for spectreVerilog, but the default is "batch" and I don't believe you can change it to "interactive" because Verilog would need to be restarted each time.

So the alternative is to reserve a license via the license options file (see the licensing documentation) - you can get licenses reserved to certain users, for example.

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by uzzy at 03 Apr 2012 11:38 PM. Topic has 1 replies.