Home > Community > Forums > Cadence Academic Network > SOI MOSFET Simulation with PSPICE?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

SOI MOSFET Simulation with PSPICE? 

Last post Thu, Feb 6 2014 6:13 AM by alokt. 4 replies.
Started by Lepelex 17 Feb 2012 01:16 AM. Topic has 4 replies and 1324 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Feb 17 2012 1:16 AM

• Lepelex
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 17 2012
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    SOI MOSFET Simulation with PSPICE? Reply
    Hi, Is it possible to simulate SOI MOSFETs with Orcad PSPICE using Berkeley`s BSIM SOI Model Cards?? Thanks
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Feb 20 2012 8:06 PM

• Preena
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 21 2012
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Re: SOI MOSFET Simulation with PSPICE? Reply

Hi, Yes it is possible to stimulate SOI MOSFETs with Orcad PSPICE using BSIM3V3 (i.e. Level6 in PSPICE). Since SOI MOSFETs has different gate oxide thickness and also the source and drain doping which changes the resistance and capacitance. So we have to Specify all the details regarding to oxide thickness, Drain and Source resistance and also Capacitance.

• Tue, Feb 4 2014 5:30 AM

• Soumendu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 27 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25

Hi, 

Can you provide me the .lib and .olb file of this SOI MOSFET model? I want to simulate the Id/Vg characteristics of PDSOI MOSFET as well as FDSOI MOSFET. Do I need different models for them. If yes, I would request you to kindly share them with us. I am am currently working on NMOS/PMOS at level 2. Do I need higher levels for SOI MOSFET? Can they be simulated on a laptop with basic configuration?

Soumendu 

• Post Points: 5
  • Tue, Feb 4 2014 6:10 AM

• Soumendu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 27 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25

Hello,

Sorry for posting this here but I was not able to create a new thread in the forum.

I also need some help in writing a long expression in PSPICE. I am facing trouble with 132 character limit I am trying to create a subcircuit in PSPICE and I need to include following (dependent)voltage expression between two nodes 2 and 10 inside the subcircuit

E 2 10 value={(q/Ceq)*(Nsil*(exp(-2*V(2,10)*ET)-exp(V(46)))/(exp(-2*V(2,10)*ET)+exp(V(23))*exp(-1*V(2,10)*ET)+exp(V(46))))+{(q/Ceq)*(Nnit*(exp(-1*V(2,10)*ET))/(exp(-1*V(2,10)*ET)+(Kn)*exp(V(23))))}

The complete expression cannot fit in one line due to 132 character limit, so I tried using the following technique of breaking the expression into two lines

E 2 10 value={(q/Ceq)*(Nsil*(exp(-2*V(2,10)*ET)-exp(V(46)))/(exp(-2*V(2,10)*ET)+exp(V(23))*exp(-1*V(2,10)*ET)+exp(V(46))))}

+{(q/Ceq)*(Nnit*(exp(-1*V(2,10)*ET))/(exp(-1*V(2,10)*ET)+(Kn)*exp(V(23))))}

Yet, the simulator does not take into account the second line while calculating the voltage between nodes 2 and 10. I am using Orcad PSPICE for the simulation. Can someone help me in solving this issue? Please let me know if you need the complete subcircuit code where I have defined terms like q, Ceq, Nsil etc.

Soumendu

• Thu, Feb 6 2014 6:13 AM

• alokt
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 21 2008
    • Noida, Uttar Pradesh
    • Posts 243
    • Points 3,495

For longer expression in PSpice one should use "+" as first character in new to indicate continuation of expression or input from previous line. Following example demonstrate how to break your expression in multiple lines

E 2 10 value={(q/Ceq)*(Nsil*(exp(-2*V(2,10)*ET)-exp(V(46)))/(exp(-2*

+ V(2,10)*ET)+exp(V(23))*exp(-1*V(2,10)*ET)+exp(V(46)))) +

+ (q/Ceq)*(Nnit*(exp(-1*V(2,10)*ET))/(exp(-1*V(2,10)*ET)+

+ (Kn)*exp(V(23)))) }

This should work. I have attached simulator output for dummy circuit using above E device. Also I think you have incorrect usages of parenthesis please check them.

Hope this helps.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Lepelex at 17 Feb 2012 01:16 AM. Topic has 4 replies.