Home > Community > Forums > Digital Implementation > SOC Encounter :: Layout Routing Issues

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

SOC Encounter :: Layout Routing Issues 

Last post Mon, Feb 27 2012 1:07 AM by Anjana. 3 replies.
Started by Sohaib Qazi 08 Feb 2012 11:16 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 3416 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Feb 8 2012 11:16 PM

SOC Encounter :: Layout Routing Issues Reply

Hi

I am facing a problem with the layout generated by Encounter. I am unable to route the design properly. After setting up the Floorplan of the design when I place the Standard Cells, it also routes the metals and the metals are overlapped. Also it doesn't use the standard rules like using M1 Horizontal and M2 Vertical. I am not sure why it does so and how could I overcome this issue.

I am attaching a pic of the layout as well.

SOC Encounter Layout Issue

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Feb 9 2012 4:18 AM

• DavidMZ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2012
    • Posts 7
    • Points 110
    Re: SOC Encounter :: Layout Routing Issues Reply

To sum up my answer in the other topic, it is normal behavior for trial route, which is sometimes launched after placing the design. Use nanoroute to fix this situation.

About the metal used, you can set them for both trial route and nanoroute. For nanoroute you have 2 parameters in the form which are "bottomlayer" and "top layer". Just set those parameters to any numbers you want, in accordance with the level ofmetallization you want to use (eg: "bottom layer" 1 (means metal 1) "top layer" 3 (means metal 3)

You can also set those parameters in "Options"/"Set Mode"/"Mode Setup"/"TrialRoute" and "NanoRoute"

• Tue, Feb 14 2012 5:37 AM

I am unable tofigure out the problem. When I run the nanoRoute then I get an error and I am unable to get through this also 

I get some Warnings and Errors,

#WARNING (NRDB-318) MINIMUMCUT rule specifying 1 (<= 1) cuts for LAYER M1 is ignored
    #WARNING (NRDB-318) MINIMUMCUT rule specifying 1 (<= 1) cuts for LAYER M1 is ignored
    #WARNING (NRDB-318) MINIMUMCUT rule specifying 1 (<= 1) cuts for LAYER M2 is ignored
    #WARNING (NRDB-318) MINIMUMCUT rule specifying 1 (<= 1) cuts for LAYER M2 is ignored
    #WARNING (NRDB-318) MINIMUMCUT rule specifying 1 (<= 1) cuts for LAYER M3 is ignored
    #WARNING (EMS-27) Message (NRDB-318) has exceeded the current message display limit of 20.
    #To increase the message display limit, refer to the product command reference manual.
    #WARNING (NRDB-2005) SPECIAL_NET vdd has special wires but no definition for instance-pin connection. This will cause routability problems later.
    #WARNING (NRDB-2005) SPECIAL_NET gnd has special wires but no definition for instance-pin connection. This will cause routability problems later.
    #NanoRoute Version v10.10-p002 NR101202-1141/USR66-UB
    #WARNING (NREX-28) The height of the first routing layer M1 is 0.000000. It should be larger than 0.000000
    #WARNING (NREX-29) The metal thickness of routing layer M1 is 0.000000. It should be larger than 0.0. Add this to the technology information for better accuracy.
    #WARNING (NREX-30) Please also check the height and metal thickness values for the routing layers heigher than routing layer M1
    #WARNING (NREX-4) No Extended Cap Table was imported. Not enough process information was provided either and default Extended Cap Table database will be used.
    #WARNING (NRDB-2040) Rule LEF_DEFAULT doesn't specify any vias that satisfy a minimum area rule on M2 M3 M4 M5 M6 M7
    #WARNING (NRDB-778) No multicut vias are defined for LAYER M1 in RULE LEF_DEFAULT. When a LEF MINIMUMCUT rule is defined for a layer, you must define multicut vias for the layer in the LEF file. Edit your LEF file and read it in again.
    #WARNING (NRDB-778) No multicut vias are defined for LAYER M2 in RULE LEF_DEFAULT. When a LEF MINIMUMCUT rule is defined for a layer, you must define multicut vias for the layer in the LEF file. Edit your LEF file and read it in again.
    #WARNING (NRDB-778) No multicut vias are defined for LAYER M3 in RULE LEF_DEFAULT. When a LEF MINIMUMCUT rule is defined for a layer, you must define multicut vias for the layer in the LEF file. Edit your LEF file and read it in again.
    #WARNING (NRDB-778) No multicut vias are defined for LAYER M4 in RULE LEF_DEFAULT. When a LEF MINIMUMCUT rule is defined for a layer, you must define multicut vias for the layer in the LEF file. Edit your LEF file and read it in again.
    #WARNING (EMS-27) Message (NRDB-778) has exceeded the current message display limit of 20.
    #To increase the message display limit, refer to the product command reference manual.
    #WARNING (NRDB-2040) Rule virtuosoDefaultSetup doesn't specify any vias that satisfy a minimum area rule on M2 M3 M4 M6
    # M1           H   Track-Pitch = 10.000    Line-2-Via Pitch = 0.180
    # M2           V   Track-Pitch = 10.000    Line-2-Via Pitch = 0.200
    # M3           H   Track-Pitch = 10.000    Line-2-Via Pitch = 0.200
    # M4           V   Track-Pitch = 10.000    Line-2-Via Pitch = 0.200
    # M5           H   Track-Pitch = 10.000    Line-2-Via Pitch = 0.200
    # M6           V   Track-Pitch = 10.000    Line-2-Via Pitch = 0.800
    # M7           H   Track-Pitch = 10.000    Line-2-Via Pitch = 0.800
    # AP           V   Track-Pitch = 10.000    Line-2-Via Pitch = 5.000
    #ERROR (NRDB-158) There is no default via from LAYER M1 to LAYER M2 in RULE LEF_DEFAULT.
    #Cpu time = 00:00:01
    #Elapsed time = 00:00:01
    #Increased memory = 1.00 (Mb)
    #Total memory = 308.00 (Mb)
    #Peak memory = 342.00 (Mb)
    #WARNING (NRIF-19) Fail to complete globalDetailRoute on Tue Feb 14 14:30:07 2012

How can I resolve this issue ????

• Mon, Feb 27 2012 1:07 AM

• Anjana
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 22 2012
    • Posts 12
    • Points 135

It seems like the VIA definitions are not proper in your LEF. Are you using the same LEF as you got from the front end ?

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Sohaib Qazi at 08 Feb 2012 11:16 PM. Topic has 3 replies.