Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Help: OrCAD 16.2, High Speed design, PCB Editor, SPECCTRA

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Help: OrCAD 16.2, High Speed design, PCB Editor, SPECCTRA 

Last post Mon, Jan 30 2012 7:28 AM by oldmouldy. 1 replies.
Started by KnowledgeSeek 30 Jan 2012 02:38 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 1492 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Jan 30 2012 2:38 AM

Help: OrCAD 16.2, High Speed design, PCB Editor, SPECCTRA Reply

Hi,

My university has an OrCAD 16.2 license, and I'm currently working on a high-speed design. Well, trying to work at least. First of all, I can't seem to get the high speed rules set in Capture CIS to be recognized in PCB editor. After some searching, I read that I could use SPECCTRA to write a routing script with all my rules and such.. But I'm getting a weird error in Specctra when I try to load my designs.

"Error in file ... line 1: token 1 = *bunch of weird signs*" 

I press ok, then I get:

"Parser: Expected ( or ), saw *weird signs*while parsing first token in design or session files"

Screenshots:
    http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7409/croppercapture165.png
    http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/2779/croppercapture166.png

I've also tried to route the signals manually, but that has it's limits! (We're talking DDR2 nets that are supposed to follow very strict specifications)

At this point I really just need to ask the question: Is it possible to create high-speed designs that follow high-speed rules with OrCAD 16.2 ?

Thanks for your time guys :)

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jan 30 2012 7:28 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,445
    • Points 24,590
    Re: Help: OrCAD 16.2, High Speed design, PCB Editor, SPECCTRA Reply
    What you can, or cannot get PCB Router to do will depend upon the license that you have. Your current issue is that you have a space character in the design path "Design Files", you will need to locate your files in a different path that does not contain spaces in the path name to get PCB Router to process the data.
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by KnowledgeSeek at 30 Jan 2012 02:38 AM. Topic has 1 replies.