Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Measurement of Duty Cycle Distortion (DCD) using OCEAN

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Measurement of Duty Cycle Distortion (DCD) using OCEAN 

Last post Thu, Jan 19 2012 9:17 PM by LeJonT. 2 replies.
Started by LeJonT 11 Jan 2012 02:20 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 2076 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Jan 11 2012 2:20 AM

• LeJonT
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 1 2010
    • Chengannur, Kerala
    • Posts 31
    • Points 485
    Measurement of Duty Cycle Distortion (DCD) using OCEAN Reply

Hi,

Is there any suggestive method for measuring Duty Cycle Distortion (DCD) by Cadence?

I could see different suggestions over the Internet on this; for example, feeding the design with a clock-pulse and finding the difference between time periods of clock cycles. What would Cadence suggest?

Since this is a generic question, not sure what other information is required to be posted here. Any help would be appreciated. Though I'm looking for help with OCEAN, suggestions on Measurement methodology for DCD itself might help to get it done.

Filed under: , ,
    • Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Jan 19 2012 6:06 AM

Re: Measurement of Duty Cycle Distortion (DCD) using OCEAN Reply

IC61X versions have a function period_jitter which will capture the variation in one period to the next, but not the variation in duty cycle. To do that you'd probably need to write something which actually tracked the positive and negative threshold crossings and computed the variation yourself (i.e. a bit of SKILL). Exactly what you would do rather depends on precisely what you're trying to measure.

Sounds as if it is something that could be generally useful though, so you might want to contact customer support to add this as an enhancement to the calculator functions.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Jan 19 2012 9:17 PM

• LeJonT
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 1 2010
    • Chengannur, Kerala
    • Posts 31
    • Points 485
    Re: Measurement of Duty Cycle Distortion (DCD) using OCEAN Reply

Thanks Andrew!

While working on this, I've raised a request for the enhancement as well (Service Request #42762532).

Regards, Leo

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by LeJonT at 11 Jan 2012 02:20 AM. Topic has 2 replies.