Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Netlist to Boards??/

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Netlist to Boards??/ 

Last post Tue, Dec 20 2011 2:18 AM by oldmouldy. 1 replies.
Started by Roc Boy 19 Dec 2011 04:14 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 1707 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Dec 19 2011 4:14 AM

• Roc Boy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 19 2011
    • Newburyport, MA
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Netlist to Boards??/ Reply

Good morning to all,

Im fairly new to PCB design on ORcad... My current company has upgraded to 16.5 .My senior and I are trying to figure out the program in the least amount of time..... So my question is, How can I import and replace new  netlists from Capture into our Old boards which have been translated already in the Layout Translator??/ Any help would be fine..

THanks

Filed under: , ,
    • Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Dec 20 2011 2:18 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,408
    • Points 24,030
    Re: Netlist to Boards??/ Reply
    First off, run the OrCAD Layout translator from the Accessories menu in Capture and update the footprint names. This will correct the footprint names. After that you can try to create the netlist, the PCB Editor flow will require that all parts in the schematic have Pin Names and Pin Numbers, this may require correction of the graphical symbols. Also there must be an exact match between the Pin Numbers defined in the graphical symbol and the footprint, this may require renumbering of the pins on the graphical symbol and the use of the NC property to account for pins that are not defined on the graphical symbol but do exist in the footprint. See the chapter on using Capture with PCB Editor in the Capture Users Guide, cap_ug.pdf in the doc\cap_ug directory of the installation.
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Roc Boy at 19 Dec 2011 04:14 AM. Topic has 1 replies.