Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Error with ORCAD 16.5

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Error with ORCAD 16.5 

Last post Mon, Jun 11 2012 7:05 PM by James P. 10 replies.
Started by James P 24 Oct 2011 12:25 PM. Topic has 10 replies and 9897 views
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Oct 24 2011 12:25 PM

• James P
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 24 2011
    • Posts 4
    • Points 80
    Error with ORCAD 16.5 Reply
    The Error: ERROR(ORCAP-1030): The installation did not complete successfully. Cannot proceed. To rectify this error, close AMS..., run the following command by using the Start - Run menu option from the taskbar and restart the AMS...: installed path \\tools\\bin\\Pspiceexplorersrvr.exe /regserver Steps I have taken to try to solve it: I tried the exact line of code in an elevated mode command prompt, and in the Run menu. I have tried to create a batch file that would unregister and then register it again. I have uninstalled and re-installed ORCAD 16.5. I have run Cadence.exe in compatibility mode (Windows XP Service Pack 2 and 3) I have looked for tips on Google, which all lead me to other peoples problems with earlier versions, on here, but none of the solutions they post help in my siuation. So, I'm at my wits end to how to fix this problem. If anyone could help, it would be appreciated. Thanks, James Popenhagen
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Oct 24 2011 8:21 PM

• alokt
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 21 2008
    • Noida, Uttar Pradesh
    • Posts 241
    • Points 3,470
    Re: Error with ORCAD 16.5 Reply

Reboot the system (or close all cadence process from process tree), launch capture, try following command from command window (View>ToolBar>Command Window)

DboTclHelper_ReRegisterOrCADPlugins

This should configure your machine properly. 

• Post Points: 35
  • Tue, Oct 25 2011 1:26 AM

• CtrlAltDel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 25 2011
    • Posts 3
    • Points 30

I am having the same problem since my 16.5 install over the weekend (Vista Home Premium).

I followed the advice given by alokt above and also given back on 8/25/2011 here:

http://www.cadence.com/community/forums/T/20143.aspx

The advice given does not solve the problem (for me):

1)  When entering DboTclHelper_ReRegisterOrCADPlugins at the command line prompt in Capture I also got the following

invalid command name "DboTclHelper_ReRegisterOrCADPlugins"

2) When following the second set of instructions given (as I am running the LITE demo) there was no resulting change:

Open a dos command window in administrator mode

use following command from there

<INSTALLDIR>\tools\bin\PSpiceexplorersrvr.exe / regserver

<INSTALLDIR>\tools\PSpice\simsrvr.exe / regserver

Where <INSTALLDIR> is install location for your system. Replace this by actual value.

I am eager to follow this thread and work to resolve this issue !

• Tue, Oct 25 2011 12:54 PM

• James P
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 80
    If I use the code given by alokt, I just get a blank line. Then it changes nothing. Still the same error. Instead of keeping 16.5, I went back to 16.2 because I really needed a working version for homework. So, the problem remains for me for 16.5, but I am not longer using 16.5. So, I don't have this problem with 16.2. Thanks for trying to help though, I appreciate it. I'll leave this open so that anyone else with this problem can look through it to see if they can get a fix. If there are any other solutions feel free to post them so that others may benefit.
  • Tue, Oct 25 2011 7:33 PM

• CtrlAltDel
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 30

I am glad to hear that you are having luck with 16.2 to get through your homework.  I am busy evaluating this suite of tools as an engineering lab resource and will need to elevate this issue to my local sales team.  For now, continuing with trying to solve the problem on my own, I have more details to document:

1) Per the instructions given here:

http://www.cadence.com/Community/forums/p/13142/21800.aspx#21800

I created a batch file with the following commands:

C:\OrCAD\OrCAD_16.5_Lite\tools\bin\PSpiceExplorerSrvr.exe /unregserver
    C:\OrCAD\OrCAD_16.5_Lite\tools\pspice\SimSrvr.exe /unregserver
    C:\OrCAD\OrCAD_16.5_Lite\tools\pspice\pspice.exe /unregserver
    C:\OrCAD\OrCAD_16.5_Lite\tools\pspice\simmgr.exe /unregserver
    C:\OrCAD\OrCAD_16.5_Lite\tools\pspice\MrkSrvr.exe /unregserver
    C:\OrCAD\OrCAD_16.5_Lite\tools\bin\PSpiceExplorerSrvr.exe /regserver
    C:\OrCAD\OrCAD_16.5_Lite\tools\pspice\SimSrvr.exe /regserver
    C:\OrCAD\OrCAD_16.5_Lite\tools\pspice\pspice.exe /regserver
    C:\OrCAD\OrCAD_16.5_Lite\tools\pspice\simmgr.exe /regserver
    C:\OrCAD\OrCAD_16.5_Lite\tools\pspice\MrkSrvr.exe /regserver

Executing these commands before starting PSpice and Capture has no effect on the problem (for me).

2) The following error information appears in the Command Window of Capture at startup (I have selected the option to have

Command Window already open on startup):

Capture>

Loading C:/OrCAD/OrCAD_16.5_Lite/tools/capture/tclscripts/capAutoLoad/capAppLaunchMenu.tcl

Loading C:/OrCAD/OrCAD_16.5_Lite/tools/capture/tclscripts/capAutoLoad/capAutoLoadNetGroup.tcl

Loading C:/OrCAD/OrCAD_16.5_Lite/tools/capture/tclscripts/capAutoLoad/capCheckPackageOnPartWindowClose.tcl

Error loading C:/OrCAD/OrCAD_16.5_Lite/tools/capture/tclscripts/capAutoLoad/capCheckPackageOnPartWindowClose.tcl: invalid command name

"DboTclHelper_sReleaseAllCreatedPtrs"
        while executing
    "DboTclHelper_sReleaseAllCreatedPtrs"
        (in namespace eval "::capCheckPackageOnPartWindowClose" script line 83)
        invoked from within
    "namespace eval ::capCheckPackageOnPartWindowClose {

set duplicatePinNumber ""
     set founddup 0

catch {
      RegisterAction "_cdnCheckPackageOnPartWi..."
        (file "C:/OrCAD/OrCAD_16.5_Lite/tools/capture/tclscripts/capAutoLoad/capCheckPackageOnPartWindowClose.tcl" line 12)
        invoked from within
    "source $lFile"

Loading C:/OrCAD/OrCAD_16.5_Lite/tools/capture/tclscripts/capAutoLoad/capCustomizeNetONLInit.tcl

Loading C:/OrCAD/OrCAD_16.5_Lite/tools/capture/tclscripts/capAutoLoad/capCustomizePageInit.tcl

Loading C:/OrCAD/OrCAD_16.5_Lite/tools/capture/tclscripts/capAutoLoad/capWebPageActions.tcl

Capture>

This may provide a clue to what is causing this problem ...

• Post Points: 5
  • Wed, Oct 26 2011 12:11 AM

• alokt
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Noida, Uttar Pradesh
    • Posts 241
    • Points 3,470

On Vista system you need to have minimum of Vista SP1 installed for OrCAD 16.5. Update your machine with latest service pack from Microsoft for VISTA.

DboTclHelper_ReRegisterOrCADPlugins command is only applicable for licensed version of product. This is not yet supported in lite Version.

• Wed, Oct 26 2011 12:24 AM

• alokt
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Noida, Uttar Pradesh
    • Posts 241
    • Points 3,470

....."If I use the code given by alokt, I just get a blank line. Then it changes nothing".... Command

"DboTclHelper_ReRegisterOrCADPlugins" will not generate output. Getting a blank line indicates that command executed properly.

James I assume you are running an licensed version of product, can you please confirm this and share details about operating system you are using here.

• Wed, Oct 26 2011 5:39 AM

• James P
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 80
    I am running a licensed version of the product. I am running on Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit.
  • Thu, Oct 27 2011 5:05 AM

• alokt
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Noida, Uttar Pradesh
    • Posts 241
    • Points 3,470

Above command should have fixed the plugin registration for you.

At what stage you get above error: At the time of opening of a project or at later stage?

if at later stage what steps you did just prior to getting this error?

Also, have you tried opening sample designs supplied with PSpice installation (.../tools/PSpice/Capture_sample/...)? Are you able to open up these without error?

Also I would recommend you to open an SR, so that this issues can be properly investigated by cadence support team.

• Thu, Nov 10 2011 1:41 AM

• CtrlAltDel
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 30

I brought my netbook running Windows 7 Starter on the plane for my trip to the west coast.  I was able to load 16.5 without any problem and work through all of the tutorials before landing.  I will assume that my Windows Vista notebook issue is related to not running with SP1.  Thanks alokt for your technical assistance.  I will work with my local sales rep to iron out platform issues for our lab.

• Mon, Jun 11 2012 7:05 PM

• James P
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 80
    It is at the time of opening a project. I cannot open sample designs. What is an SR?
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by James P at 24 Oct 2011 12:25 PM. Topic has 10 replies.