Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > OA database getting corrupted in converting terminal to label using SKILL in layout

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

OA database getting corrupted in converting terminal to label using SKILL in layout 

Last post Wed, Oct 12 2011 9:14 PM by Chikoo. 2 replies.
Started by Chikoo 12 Oct 2011 11:48 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 1375 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Oct 12 2011 11:48 AM

• Chikoo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 12 2011
    • Posts 7
    • Points 110
    OA database getting corrupted in converting terminal to label using SKILL in layout Reply
    Hi, I am trying to convert a terminal (pin) in layout to pin label.Am using the following lines of code. cv = dbOpenCellViewByType(libName cellName "layout" "" "a") foreach(trm cv~>terminals dbCreateLabel(cv car(trm~>textDisplays~>lpp) car(trm~>textDisplays~>xy) trm~>name car(trm~>textDisplays~>justify) car(trm~>textDisplays~>orient) car(trm~>textDisplays~>font) car(trm~>textDisplays~>height)) dbDeleteObject(trm) ) dbSave(cv) dbClose(cv) But the layout OA database gets corrupted once i execute this code. Can someone help me in resolving this. Thanks in advance.
    Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Oct 12 2011 12:14 PM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,535
    • Points 14,940
    Re: OA database getting corrupted in converting terminal to label using SKILL in layout Reply

Hi Chikoo,

Your post formatting is a little hard to read.  The terminal is a logical object, not a physical object, so I imagine that you actually want to find the pin figures associated with the terminal, something like the following:

trm~>pins~>fig

In a layout a "pin" is either a shape or an instance with a 'pin' attribute.  If you access this from the terminals (logical) database object you need to see the pins (also logical) for the terminal and then the figs (physical) for the pin (CDB and OA organise these a little differently but the path is essentially the same). So you don't want to delete the terminal (typically), but if you do you would need to remove the pins and shape/instance attributes too; my guess is that you want to modify/remove the physical shapes.

Hopefully this will help you in the right direction?

Regards,

Lawrence.

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Oct 12 2011 9:14 PM

• Chikoo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 12 2011
    • Posts 7
    • Points 110
    Re: OA database getting corrupted in converting terminal to label using SKILL in layout Reply

Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for the reply.

I can see that the issue is while creating the label as even if I remove the dbDeleteObject, the data is getting corrupted.

or eg:if I execute the below code am getting warning as given below.

cv=geGetEditCellView()
    foreach(trm cv~>terminals
    dbCreateLabel(cv car(trm~>textDisplays~>lpp) car(trm~>textDisplays~>xy) trm~>name car(trm~>textDisplays~>justify) car(trm~>textDisplays~>orient) car(trm~>textDisplays~>font) car(trm~>textDisplays~>height))
    )
    dbSave(cv)
    dbClose(cv)

Till dbSave(cv) its fine.But once i execute dbClose(cv) I am getting warning as 

*WARNING* (DB-270000): dbDeleteDDObjTrigger: Attempt to purge a design that is being purged.

Thanks in advance,

Chikoo

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Chikoo at 12 Oct 2011 11:48 AM. Topic has 2 replies.