Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Process parameters of particular iteration in Monte Carlo Analysis (Spectre)

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Process parameters of particular iteration in Monte Carlo Analysis (Spectre) 

Last post Wed, Sep 21 2011 5:24 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by panchkapunch 20 Sep 2011 03:03 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 2229 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Sep 20 2011 3:03 AM

• panchkapunch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Sep 17 2011
    • Delft, Netherlands
    • Posts 9
    • Points 180
    Process parameters of particular iteration in Monte Carlo Analysis (Spectre) Reply
    Hi, Suppose I run a Monte Carlo analysis in Cadence Spectre-v 5.1.41 (both process and mismatch) for 100 runs.Now I want to replicate the data of the 10th iteration(say) without monte Carlo analysis .How do I vary my model files to replicate the particular corner shown in Monte Carlo? That is: 1. where do I get the varied process (or mismatch) data corresponding to the particular run? 2.How do i modify my model file accordingly? 3.Is there any way to do this using the GUI (without touching the model files)
    Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Sep 21 2011 5:24 AM

Re: Process parameters of particular iteration in Monte Carlo Analysis (Spectre) Reply

Spectre will normally save the values of the process parameters in the monteCarlo directory. However, to reproduce the point, the easiest is usually to run a single point monte carlo (1 run, start run=10). Otherwise you need to ensure that you are overriding the default values for these process parameters which are in your model files - and hence you'd have to touch the model files.

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by panchkapunch at 20 Sep 2011 03:03 AM. Topic has 1 replies.