Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Is the full featured EXTRACTA available in Orcad pcb designer standard?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Is the full featured EXTRACTA available in Orcad pcb designer standard? 

Last post Fri, Aug 26 2011 8:07 AM by fxffxf. 2 replies.
Started by Raull 25 Aug 2011 03:25 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 3480 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Aug 25 2011 3:25 PM

• Raull
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • Posts 1
    • Points 35
    Is the full featured EXTRACTA available in Orcad pcb designer standard? Reply

Hello,

I have Hyperlynx for simulation but it requires EXTRACTA to convert a .brd Allegro file to a .hyp file.

Does anyone know if the full featured EXTRACTA is available in Orcad pcb designer standard?

The reason I ask is because I do not do any PCB design at all. Therefore I would like the lowest cost Cadence product to get EXTRACTA in my machine and Hyperlynx can do it's extraction.

Any tips will be appreciated.

Best regards

• Post Points: 35
  • Fri, Aug 26 2011 6:01 AM

• Ejlersen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 28 2008
    • Aalborg, Copenhagen
    • Posts 556
    • Points 9,795
    Re: Is the full featured EXTRACTA available in Orcad pcb designer standard? Reply

Hi

Extracta is standard functionality in all tiers of PCB Editor (OrCAD and Allegro)

If you buy a PCB Designer professional you get an integrated signal integrity solution where you can extract nets directly from the PCB

Best regards

Ole

Best regards Ole
    • Post Points: 5
  • Fri, Aug 26 2011 8:07 AM

• fxffxf
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • ., AK
    • Posts 291
    • Points 4,640
    Re: Is the full featured EXTRACTA available in Orcad pcb designer standard? Reply

The basic extracta exe callable at the OS level (e.g a DOS command window or XTerminal) is unlicense. For certain calculated properties, it may require the presence of some high level licenses to perform the calculation but I would say that for over 99% of extract-able properties no access to Cadence licenses is required. You do not need to license to install a Cadence product and pretty much any back-end product includes extracta exe.

Of course,  this requires some knowledge to using a OS level command window and maybe leveraging bat files or perl scripts to allow automating of the design extraction. You would also need to know what view files are required.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Raull at 25 Aug 2011 03:25 PM. Topic has 2 replies.