Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Warnings Creating a Netlist

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Warnings Creating a Netlist 

Last post Sun, Jul 6 2014 6:34 PM by ColdBoondock. 2 replies.
Started by EaCmBoThOm 23 Aug 2011 04:40 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 4291 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Aug 23 2011 4:40 PM

• EaCmBoThOm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 23 2011
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Warnings Creating a Netlist Reply
    Hello i'm trying to make a PCB desing using the Cadence OrCAD Release 16.3, when i finish doing my schematic on Capture, and i try to create a netlist, there is a warning message that refers me to the "netrev.lst" file, i open it and there are this 2 errors: #1 WARNING(SPMHNI-192): Device/Symbol check warning detected. WARNING(SPMHNI-194): Symbol 'TSOT23-5' for device 'TLV70025DDCT_TSOT23-5_DBV5' not found in PSMPATH or must be "dbdoctor"ed. #2 WARNING(SPMHNI-192): Device/Symbol check warning detected. WARNING(SPMHNI-194): Symbol 'PAG64' for device 'ADS1298_PAG64_ADS1298' not found in PSMPATH or must be "dbdoctor"ed I'm using some .dra, .psm and .pad files, that i downloaded from texas instrument webpage, when i finish connecting the circuit i change the PCB FOOTPRINT on the cadence caracteristics of each device, but when i try to place the parts on the PCB Editor, there is First: no preview, and Second: there is not part to place.
    • Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Aug 24 2011 1:29 PM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,371
    • Points 23,335
    Re: Warnings Creating a Netlist Reply
    Close PCB Editor. Find the Off-Line DB Doctor, Start>Programs>Cadence><release>>(OrCAD)PCB Editor Utilities>DB Doctor. Browse to the directory that contains the donwloaded symbols, change the FIle Type to DRA and select a DRA file, change the file path to be *.DRA rather than <symbol>.DRA, this will get "all" the DRA files in the directory, check all the DB Dcotor boxes, and click on Check to get the symbols checked. This should get the symbols checked and updated as required, or give you a log to say what's up with the DRA files. Once they check out OK, they should be usable, start PCB Editor and reload the netlist.
    • Post Points: 20
  • Sun, Jul 6 2014 6:34 PM

Re: Warnings Creating a Netlist Reply

Reply was deleted by User

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by EaCmBoThOm at 23 Aug 2011 04:40 PM. Topic has 2 replies.