Home > Community > Forums > RF Design > clarification on LNA design

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

clarification on LNA design 

Last post Sun, Sep 4 2011 12:14 AM by RFQuery. 3 replies.
Started by RFDESIGN 2008 20 Aug 2011 01:59 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 3920 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sat, Aug 20 2011 1:59 AM

clarification on LNA design Reply

Hi

Any one help me that i am doing Complemetary current reuse LNA in MICS band in Cadence spectra...i selected one IEEE paper regarding my project..In that they didnot mention any device specification (i.e., value of inductor,capacitor,resistor,width of transistor) also i don't know how to desidn these device values also...My operating freq is 401-406MHz

In that circuit, one inductor s connected to gate of nmos transistor and one capacitor is connected between gate and source of transistor.. and rf input s given to one end of  the inductor  and vbiase is given to the other end of inductor.. if we give vbiase as dc source means output also dc voltage, sine wave output s not coming..  I am not getting output for LNA..

Please any give idea for LNA design...

Filed under: ,
    • Post Points: 5
  • Sat, Aug 20 2011 2:06 AM

clarification on LNA design Reply

Hi

Any one help me that i am doing Complemetary current reuse LNA in MICS band in Cadence spectra...i selected one IEEE paper regarding my project..In that they didnot mention any device specification (i.e., value of inductor,capacitor,resistor,width of transistor) also i don't know how to desidn these device values also...My operating freq is 401-406MHz

In that circuit, one inductor s connected to gate of nmos transistor and one capacitor is connected between gate and source of transistor.. and rf input s given to one end of  the inductor  and vbiase is given to the other end of inductor.. if we give vbiase as dc source means output also dc voltage, sine wave output s not coming..  I am not getting output for LNA..

Please any give idea for LNA design...

i send the link where i select the paper

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=05716555

• Post Points: 20
  • Sun, Sep 4 2011 12:12 AM

• RFQuery
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 20 2011
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,270
    Re: clarification on LNA design Reply

Sizing of Devices and passive elements' value selection you have to do taking Matching and gain and frequency of operation into consideration. It ia a TWO nductor source degenerated CS amplifiers with different types of MOSes. So the selction of values and device size requires litle bit more effort.

For Biasing you have to use a reasonable large value of Resistor in series with the DC BIAS sources so that the RC (input ACcoupling Capacitor) high pass filter can only work at the working frequency to decouple the DC. 

Thanks-

• Sun, Sep 4 2011 12:14 AM

• RFQuery
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 20 2011
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,270
    Re: clarification on LNA design Reply

Also you may go through T.H. Lee RFIC book to understand how an inductror degenerated CS amplifier works as a good MAtching LNA

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by RFDESIGN 2008 at 20 Aug 2011 01:59 AM. Topic has 3 replies.