Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > How to trigger the event to use the callback?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to trigger the event to use the callback? 

Last post Sat, Aug 6 2011 8:11 AM by loosin. 2 replies.
Started by loosin 24 Jul 2011 07:42 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 2279 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sun, Jul 24 2011 7:42 AM

• loosin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 24 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    How to trigger the event to use the callback? Reply

Hi,

I have a question. I wrote a skill procedure to create res pcell and cdf for instance. when I change the w, l and res value, the callback will be trigger and calculation the correct value and return the value to the property list.

But when I use "q" to show the "Edit Object Properties" in virtuoso schematic,  and change the res "cell Name" to other res type such change rpplus to rnplus, the w, l, res value will directly pass from the rpplus to rnplus, not any change, but part of other parameter such rho and model will change from rpplus to rnplus. Now when I change the w or l value, the callback will be trigger and the res value will return correct value.

I want to know how to get such change event and make the callback procedure to automatic calculation the res value by the correspond new rho(rnplus) and refresh it, not remain the old rpplus value and need to change the w or l to get correct value by hand.

May anyone help me? Thanks

Loosin

Filed under: ,
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jul 25 2011 1:13 AM

Re: How to trigger the event to use the callback? Reply

Loosin,

You can't. There's the possibility to disable the lib and cell fields on the edit properties form - which is how some people prevent this scenario.

I would suggest logging a service request on this - there are CCRs requesting some kind of callback on the changing of cells; it's not quite as straightforward as just needing to call the callbacks - you may have property values which are meaningless on the new instance (e.g. default values with storeDefault=yes can mean that you can end up with the wrong model if you're not careful).

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Sat, Aug 6 2011 8:11 AM

• loosin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 24 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    Re: How to trigger the event to use the callback? Reply

Thanks Andrew, I got it. I can't trigger cdf callback by the property change.

Loosin

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by loosin at 24 Jul 2011 07:42 AM. Topic has 2 replies.