Home > Community > Forums > Functional Verification Shared Code > error in output waveform

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

error in output waveform 

Last post Sun, Jul 3 2011 9:45 PM by lov sareen. 2 replies.
Started by lov sareen 30 Jun 2011 10:08 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 17849 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Jun 30 2011 10:08 PM

• lov sareen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 15 2011
    • faridabad, Haryana
    • Posts 4
    • Points 65
    error in output waveform Reply

hi,

i am doing a project on synchronous fifo design using verilog. below written is my coding. after simulation the waveform is showing error regarding its not giving value of rdata_valid and is showing a red line in waveform and due to it address is also not being taken.i have attached the waveform also. the logic for write logic is also not accepting the address(no change occurs while changing value of read_ptr). i have attached my file with it so plz refer to it.

plz help me out in this. your guidance and solns will help me in completing my project work.

thank you

lov sareen

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Jul 1 2011 6:04 AM

• TAM1
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • HOME, PA
    • Posts 83
    • Points 1,105
    Re: error in output waveform Reply

We really can't do your project for you. Doing it youself is how you will learn.

I will point out that the red lines in the waveform window, unless you've changed the default settings, are X's. I'll also point out that I noticed that your reset signal does not assign every internal variable to a starting value. Make sure your simulation starts with an assertion of reset, and make sure that every latched signal is indeed set to a 1 or 0 value by that reset. Any problems after that are yours to discover. Have fun!

• Post Points: 20
  • Sun, Jul 3 2011 9:45 PM

• lov sareen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 15 2011
    • faridabad, Haryana
    • Posts 4
    • Points 65
    Re: error in output waveform Reply

thank you so much sir for your time and i appreciate your suggestion and will surely work upon it. i will surely contact you again in future if i feel that m not able to find a solution to my problem.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by lov sareen at 30 Jun 2011 10:08 PM. Topic has 2 replies.