Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > how to load ADE state in skill?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

how to load ADE state in skill? 

Last post Thu, Jul 21 2011 11:23 AM by Andrew Beckett. 5 replies.
Started by LarissaN 15 Jun 2011 03:41 PM. Topic has 5 replies and 2956 views
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Jun 15 2011 3:41 PM

• LarissaN
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 15 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40
    how to load ADE state in skill? Reply

Hello

I need to create a netlist for a testbench cellview, in batch mode.

Basically I want to have in the skill script smthing like:

mysession = asiCreateSession(?simulator "spectre" ?lib LIB ?cell CELL ?view VIEW ?mode 'r')
    asiLoadState(mysession ?name "spectre_state1" ?option 'cellview ?lib LIB ?cell CELL)
    asiGenerateNetlist(mysession)

But asiLoadState returns nil with warning:
    "WARNING (ADE-5046): There is no ADE window attached with the specified session" 
    This is fine; I dont need ADE graphics. But is it a cause of the unsuccessful load?

OCEAN would work for us also, but as I understand it cannot load ADE state either...?

Thanks
    Larissa

Filed under: , ,
    • Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Jun 24 2011 2:45 AM

Re: how to load ADE state in skill? Reply

Larissa,

Yes, that is the case (as far as I know). There is an enhancement request asking for the ability to be able to run OCEAN importing from an ADE state - if you want this capability, you should log a service request with http://support.cadence.com so that a duplicate request can be filed, giving greater weight to the request.

Best Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
  • Fri, Jun 24 2011 7:55 AM

• LarissaN
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 15 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40
    THank you, Andrew! I probably posted the message to the wrong group, should be "custom SKILL" :)

Many people would be glad to get this enhancement.
      But don’t you have any practical way to do it now? I came to some variant which works, but it is ugly. Basically, it is: deOpenCellView(t_mylib, t_mycell, t_mystate, “adestate”, nil, “r”)  ; this creates a sev session with name which
                                                                                                                                               ; iterates from  sevSession1

sevNetlistFile(‘sevSession1, ‘recreate)  

sevQuit(‘sevSession1)

hiDBoxCansel(sevblockingDialogBox)  I don’t like it because it is based on hardcoded  symbol name for ade session object, “sevSession”.And I try  to avoid use “sev” functions, they work with windows and forms, and in –nograph mode it creates situations when virtuoso hangs because of some blocking dialog, and you need tricks like aboveand cannot use it from procedure or when() block, only on top level of the stack And do you know is it a way to get “sev session” from “oasis session” ? RespectfullyLarissa
  • Thu, Jul 7 2011 2:18 AM

Larissa,

There really isn't a way to do this, hence the enhancement request. Hacking together some private SKILL functions would mean that it's potentially possible, but I have not tried (and if I did get it working, I wouldn't be able to share it).

Getting the sev session from the OASIS (asI) session isn't really possible either (I believe) . The only way you can really do it (with public functions) is something like this:

procedure(CCSfindSevSessionFromAsiSession(asiSessionId)
      car(exists(sevId mapcar('sevSession hiGetWindowList()) sevId && sevEnvironment(sevId)==asiSessionId))
    )

But this won't work unless there's a sev session associated with the asi session in the first place.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Thu, Jul 21 2011 10:50 AM

• SBrickles
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • Milpitas, CA
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Since the ADE state files are all ASCII text files, it might be relatively easy to parse these files yourself in SKILL and take the appropriate actions to fill in the details of the simulation that you want from the saved-state.  This would then be an equivalent to calling the asiLoadState function but would remove the dependency on having to have an open ADE session.

Stephen

• Thu, Jul 21 2011 11:23 AM

I really wouldn't recommend that as an approach. First of all, it would require you to reverse engineer a private format which is liable to change (and particularly be extended) from release to release - in fact it can be extended even in hotfixes.

In addition it would be a reasonable amount of work to do this.

Better to put the request into Cadence and increase the likelihood of it being done sooner rather than later - the pieces are close to being there. Otherwise you'd create yourself a maintenance headache, and a high chance you might miss something important.

In the meantime it would be better to save an OCEAN script from ADE and use that.

Regards,

Andrew
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by LarissaN at 15 Jun 2011 03:41 PM. Topic has 5 replies.