Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > TFT and BSIM device equations

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

TFT and BSIM device equations 

Last post Tue, Jul 5 2011 8:02 AM by Quek. 1 replies.
Started by SilentHunter 14 May 2011 08:32 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 1853 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sat, May 14 2011 8:32 PM

TFT and BSIM device equations Reply
    Hello everyone 

I am working TFT circuit design.   

According to   

Virtuoso® Simulator Circuit Components and Device Models Manual Product Version 7.1.1 June 2009,   

Cadence Spectre and UltraSim simulators support RPI TFT model. The equations of RPI TFT models are listed in the above file.   

I created the model card (.scs) for TFT and imported into Analaog Design Environemet (ADE) before running simulation, and it works.  

However, what if I would like to modify the equations of the TFT model used in simulation? For example, when I read a paper talking about a new TFT device model, I would like to use this model in circuit simulation, so I need to modify the equation of the TFT model used in simulation. So, do I have access to the RPI model file used by Spectre or UltraSim? Can I modify that file?

Where is the file?  The same question is for bulk-Si CMOS technology device models (e.g. BSIM3, BSIM4, etc)  

Thank you very much! 

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Jul 5 2011 8:02 AM

• Quek
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 14 2009
    • Singapore, 00-SG
    • Posts 1,082
    • Points 16,475
    Re: TFT and BSIM device equations Reply

Hi SilentHunter

Unfortunately, the equations (BSIM, RPI TFT, etc) are internal to the simulator and cannot be modified. You can influence the output of the equations by changing the model parameters. It is not possible to change the equations themselves. You might want to file contact your local Cadence support if you need more help on this issue.

Best regards
    Quek

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by SilentHunter at 14 May 2011 08:32 PM. Topic has 1 replies.