Home > Community > Forums > Functional Verification > vr_ahb_tlm systemc model

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

vr_ahb_tlm systemc model 

Last post Mon, Jun 20 2011 4:24 AM by abhineet22. 4 replies.
Started by nishvlsi2011 13 Apr 2011 11:05 PM. Topic has 4 replies and 1979 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Apr 13 2011 11:05 PM

vr_ahb_tlm systemc model Reply
    Hi, I would like to know where I can find the latest vr_ahb_tlm systemc model. I have KITSOCV9.2 but It seems this model is not present in that. Thanks! Manish
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jun 20 2011 3:55 AM

• abhineet22
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 20 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    Re: vr_ahb_tlm systemc model Reply

Hi Even same problem i am facing thay dont have compatible version for VR_AHB 9.2 with respect to VR_AHB_TLM.and also they are not giving any kind of support on that.

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jun 20 2011 4:11 AM

• StephenH
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 2 2008
    • Bristol, Avon
    • Posts 278
    • Points 4,450

Hi guys.

I think there's maybe a little confusion here. The Functional Verification Kit (KITSOCV) that ships with Incisive has a basic AHB UVC, which is really meant as an educational tool as part of the kit workshops. The fully featured AHB verification component with full protocol coverage (including AXI4 and ACE) is part of the VIPP92 and VIPCAT112 products on the download server.

VIPP92 is an old product to be used with Incisive 9.2 and 10.2, VIPCAT112 is the replacement product that works with Incisive 10.2 onwards and features a new more flexible licensing model, as well as other new protocols.

Regarding TLM, it's not clear from your message what feature you are looking for. The AHB VIP does support TLM, but your requirements are too unclear to say whether the current TLM support matches what you need / want.

I would strongly encourage you to work with your local Cadence AE to learn more about what the vr_ahb VIP can do, and to get some help to set it up.

Steve Hobbs / Applications Engineer / Cadence Functional Verification
    Filed under: ,
    • Post Points: 35
  • Mon, Jun 20 2011 4:21 AM

Hi Stephen, In our old systemC model of our module, we used vr_ahb eVC V2.2 and vr_ahb_tlm V1.1. Now we have to use the latest vr_ahb eVC V9.2 but it seems there is no vr_ahb_tlm model compatible for 9.2 version of vr_ahb eVC. As per your advice we will definitely try to contact local Cadence AE. Thanks!
    • Post Points: 5
  • Mon, Jun 20 2011 4:24 AM

• abhineet22
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 20 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25

Let me give the clear picture.

1.We are doing co-verification of RTL with equivalent systemC implementation, which implies that we reuse the RTL DUT verification environment for the systemC DUT verification also. And for this reuse, the vr_ahb_tlm add on IS A MUST.

2.It is natural that RTL environment uses the latest version of eVCs - in this case it is vr_ahb 9.2.

3.For some IPs, the systemC verification environment customisation began when the eVC versions that were used were early ones - like vr_ahb 2.2 in this case, along with vr_ahb_tlm 1.0a1.

4. But the RTL development went ahead and so also the vr_ahb eVC moved to newer versions like 9.2 5. Now when we want to resume co-verification with systemC DUT, the vr_ahb_tlm 1.0a1 not being compatible to vr_ahb 9.2 IS DEFINITELY A SHOW STOPPER. Because by co-verification, we guarantee the customer that RTL and systemC implementations are equivalent (and we have a host of IPs lined up for this), and as proof of this they should have run the same tests on the same environment WITH THE SAME TOOL VERSIONS.

If we cannot have the vr_ahb_tlm upgraded with vr_ahb eVC, then specman coverification of RTL with systemC will come to a halt!!

we already contacted local cadence AE but till now no updates.

Thanks,

Abhineet

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by nishvlsi2011 at 13 Apr 2011 11:05 PM. Topic has 4 replies.