Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > [Solved] Allegro PCB Editor 16.3: Modifying Shapes

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

[Solved] Allegro PCB Editor 16.3: Modifying Shapes 

Last post Tue, Apr 12 2011 11:02 AM by EvanShultz. 2 replies.
Started by ScottG 07 Apr 2011 08:31 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 6024 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Apr 7 2011 8:31 AM

• ScottG
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 20 2010
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    [Solved] Allegro PCB Editor 16.3: Modifying Shapes Reply
    Hello, Does anyone know if there is a way to modify the coordinates of an already placed shape in Allegro? For example, changing the coordinates that define a rectangle. The most I've been able to find is right clicking the selected shape and clicking "Show Element". This brings up a text box with the exterior boundary that defines the rectangle's dimensions. But you can't change the values... I am working on drawing footprints. It seems terribly inefficient to have to type in the coordinates to draw a new rectangle and delete the old one, especially if you just accidentally type one coordinate incorrectly... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    • Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Apr 7 2011 9:09 AM

• Randy R
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 16 2008
    • Dupont, WA
    • Posts 192
    • Points 3,025
    Re: Allegro PCB Editor 16.3: Modifying Shapes Reply

Shape->Select Shape or Void then click on the shape to edit.  Small boxes will appear at each vertex of the shape.  Click on the vertex you want to change.  You can drag it or type in absolute or incremental coordinates.

Good Day, R².
    • Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Apr 12 2011 11:02 AM

Re: Allegro PCB Editor 16.3: Modifying Shapes Reply
    I often use Shape > Edit Boundary because it allows both expanding and contracting a shape within the same tool. It also uses polygon selection so I find it to be quicker than Select Shape in many cases.
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by ScottG at 07 Apr 2011 08:31 AM. Topic has 2 replies.