Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > How to know the name of the properties of the device without editing this property?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to know the name of the properties of the device without editing this property?  

Last post Wed, Apr 6 2011 9:38 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by dell1 06 Apr 2011 09:27 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 1085 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Apr 6 2011 9:27 AM

• dell1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 13 2009
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130
    How to know the name of the properties of the device without editing this property? Reply

For example: I want to know the name of length and width properties of the nmos without editing in these properties(its length and width) then using nmos->prop->??  that show me an array like the following

("l" value "5u" valuetype "string" -----------) ("w" value "5u" valuetype "string")

but the problem is that these names(l, w) are technology dependent, so I want in my code to know these names in any technology 
    so as to make my code technology independent .

Thanks in advance.

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Apr 6 2011 9:38 AM

Re: How to know the name of the properties of the device without editing this property? Reply
    Given that both the property name (w and l in your example) and the prompt for these properties (defined in the CDF for the component) are technology specific, I can't see how you can do this without storing a mapping somewhere as to the property names that you're interested in for that technology.

There is nothing special to Virtuoso about w and l. They called be called anything, and could mean anything.

You might be able to look in the propMapping in the spectre simInfo in the CDF to see what gets netlisted as w and l, but even that's not reliable because the parameter that gets output may be one computed by a CDF callback, and thus there would be no way to know what the source parameter was from which they were derived.

Best Regards,

Andrew
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by dell1 at 06 Apr 2011 09:27 AM. Topic has 1 replies.