Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Unreadable font in cdshelp

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Unreadable font in cdshelp 

Last post Wed, Jan 23 2013 8:50 PM by Andrew Beckett. 4 replies.
Started by SharksFan 20 Jan 2011 09:58 AM. Topic has 4 replies and 1352 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Jan 20 2011 9:58 AM

• SharksFan
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 23 2010
    • Santa Clara, CA
    • Posts 40
    • Points 640
    Unreadable font in cdshelp Reply

Hi,

This seems like such a lame issue to post here, but I've searched around and cannot find a solution yet.

My problem is that the font used in the cdshelp browser is unreadable for me.  It's small, cramped, and grainy.

I'm running Cadence on Java Desktop System for Solaris, which has a Gnome display interface. I'm launching Cadence Help v01.20-p009 from the IC6.1.4.500.7 release.

I'm attaching an image for people to look at so you can understand.

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Jan 20 2011 10:30 AM

Re: Unreadable font in cdshelp Reply

I'm looking into a similar issue for another customer (in fact I had a problem myself too, although not as severe), under CCR 857785.

I'll report back here once I've found out some more things to try (I'm working with R&D and another colleague to see if we can get to the bottom of it).

In my case I had a font package installed on my Linux machine to give me Microsoft True Type fonts - uninstalling that package fixed my problem. Anyway, we're trying to get to the bottom of exactly how it picks the fonts, more later once I've got more info.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Thu, Jan 20 2011 11:01 AM

• SharksFan
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 23 2010
    • Santa Clara, CA
    • Posts 40
    • Points 640

Thanks Andrew,

It wasn't always this way for me, but the IT group at my company saw fit to overwrite my profile with all of their own settings recently, as a way to resolve a different problem I was having.  Bad idea. :(  It's been a nightmare getting everything back to a usable state again and I still have the other problem! [Sorry for the venting]  I've tried looking through all the .gnome and .gtkrc dirs and files, but no luck.

I am assuming this problem is related, due to the timing of it cropping up only after my settings were changed. Of course, it could just be a coincidence.

I appreciate your quick reply. It's good to know I'm not alone.

• Wed, Jan 23 2013 2:43 PM

• GiuseppeDG
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 10 2012
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 10
    • Points 140
    Finally, did you find a solution for this issue? I have to too small fonts in cdnshelp.
  • Wed, Jan 23 2013 8:50 PM

If you're using a current version (cdnshelp from MMSIM12.1) and you are still seeing this problem, please contact customer support.

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by SharksFan at 20 Jan 2011 09:58 AM. Topic has 4 replies.