Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Update Layout after schematic modification

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Update Layout after schematic modification 

Last post Tue, Aug 30 2011 8:11 AM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by pitter 16 Dec 2010 12:39 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 3241 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Dec 16 2010 12:39 AM

• pitter
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 3 2009
    • Warsaw, Poland
    • Posts 29
    • Points 485
    Update Layout after schematic modification Reply

I changed schematic connection (in schematic editor)  while drawing layout. Layout editor does not seem to notice the changes and an error is reported (wrong connection - yellow cross on the connecting metal path - short marker).A had this issue before, and it is pretty likely that LVS will fail, although schematic is OK. How to make layout editor update after making changes in schematic editor and not to draw short marker?

IC613, PDK - AMS

Kind Regards,

pitter.

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Dec 16 2010 12:46 AM

Re: Update Layout after schematic modification Reply

Hi pitter,

Your question is a bit unclear, so let me take a guess. If using Layout XL (or VLS XL in IC61), then you would need to do Connectivity->Update Components and Nets (and potentially a "check" operation on the schematic if you've not done so already). This doesn't happen automatically (because it would be really annoying to have it change half way through doing the layout, if you wer e only half way through making the schematic changes...).

I didn't quite undefrstand what the "error is reported (wrong connection)" meant - what is giving the error? If the Layout Editor has not noticed the changes, how is it giving an error? Confused...

Regards,

Andrew.

• Thu, Aug 25 2011 7:00 AM

• habet
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 14 2011
    • Posts 5
    • Points 115

Hi Andrew

I have a question about updating layout !!

When i change nomber of fingers (nmos) in the schematic and i try to update de layout (connectivity ->update) the layout don't change !

some one can help me

Regards

• Tue, Aug 30 2011 8:11 AM

Not enough information to go on, and please do not post to an old thread (as outlined in the Forum Guidelines (the very top post in the forum).

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by pitter at 16 Dec 2010 12:39 AM. Topic has 3 replies.