I have a problem with the ADE (Analog Design Environment) running within a newly installed Cadence software (IC 6.1.3, MMSIM 7.01, IUS 8.10 under RedHat 4 on Intel Core i7 CPU 950).
Problem scenario 1:
* A quick way to trigger the problem is to try to change the "Project Directory" in ADE Setup-> Simulator/Directory/Host .
* When a new directory is selected and "OK" pressed the Cadence hangs up with all its windows becoming blank.
* The "ps -u" linux command reveals two processes running: "viva" and "java".
* Killing the java process (with "kill -9" linux command) unblocks the Cadence windows.
Problem scenario 2:
* The Spectre simulation runs, however the plotting of the results does not (nothing opens) with the same typical signature of "hanging up" , "java" running and unblocking by killing the java process.
I would appreciate a lot for any hint towards what could be wrong in the installed system.
Please find attached a text file including CDS.log, ade_viva.log and "ps -u" report.
With many thanks in advance and best regards,