Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > dcOP Operation Region and Device Checks

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

dcOP Operation Region and Device Checks 

Last post Wed, Oct 27 2010 4:41 AM by baenisch. 0 replies.
Started by baenisch 27 Oct 2010 04:41 AM. Topic has 0 replies and 1534 views
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Oct 27 2010 4:41 AM

• baenisch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 18 2010
    • Posts 9
    • Points 135
    dcOP Operation Region and Device Checks Reply

Hi there

I'm quite new to Spectre (have used other simulators in the past) and I'm currently trying to set up a

dcOP simulation with Spectre including checks of the operation region. The enviroment installed is

IC6.1.3 500.11 and MMSIM 7.1 ISR11.

Fighting my way through the GUI I stumbled right over the Device Check Specification Tool. Selecting

dcOP as analysis, device as type, picking some devices with the Select button and picking of Op Point

Parameter as parameter type I was able to pick region in the Parameter List. I switched to sat in the

Safe Regions field and finalised the check. I was looking forward to some nice checkings going on,

however I only got the warning that something is wrong with my check :( 

WARNING (SPECTRE-16484): opregion_m0: Parameter specified is not enumerated. Boolean checks

support only enumerated parameter types. Assert is ignored the  check.

I tried some other checks, based on the primitive setting and bsim3v3 model, also with no success.

In the end I wrote my own expressions by calculating vds-overdrive and one check for vgsteff so that

I can finally figure out the operating region.

However I would like to know what I have done wrong in the first place, directly checking for the regions

that are offered directly in the GUI. Can someone please give me some pointers ?

Best Regards

Andi

Filed under: ,
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by baenisch at 27 Oct 2010 04:41 AM. Topic has 0 replies.