Home > Community > Forums > Digital Implementation > Do Foundation Flows also exist for EPS or ETS?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Do Foundation Flows also exist for EPS or ETS? 

Last post Fri, Oct 22 2010 9:22 AM by Kari. 2 replies.
Started by pdgeek 19 Oct 2010 01:36 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 1777 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Oct 19 2010 1:36 PM

• pdgeek
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 11 2009
    • Tempe, AZ
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90
    Do Foundation Flows also exist for EPS or ETS? Reply

First post so please bear with me.

We have seen posts, etc. about the encounter foundation flow. I have tried this and it works fairly well. Nice flow.

While poking around in the ETS installation directory tree I found what appears to be foundation flows for EPS and ETS. Has anyone tried these either alone and/or in conjunction with the outputs from the encounter foundation flow?

I have tried the EPS (ff) but still trying to work thru it. Since I hadn't heard of these flows before I am wondering if they are proven and working or maybe still in preliminary development?

Thanks
    Filed under: , ,
    • Post Points: 5
  • Thu, Oct 21 2010 3:28 PM

• pdgeek
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 11 2009
    • Tempe, AZ
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90
    Re: Do Foundation Flows also exist for EPS or ETS? Reply

Just a follow up that I was able to use the EPS ff to run static IR drop analysis. There are various other analysis modes but the ff setup is similar to how things are setup in the encounter ff. I have started briefly looking at the ETS ff and it looks similar although it does not look to be as far along as the EPS ff; the EPS ff does some better checking of your setup files simlar to encounter ff but the ETS ff does not appear to have this as much.

These other foundation flows look interesting and to have potential although but it seems like things need to get worked out such that they can coexist better with the encounter ff setup files since in some places it seems I have to duplicate some things but all in all it beats having to support your own flows.

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Oct 22 2010 9:22 AM

• Kari
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Cary, NC
    • Posts 718
    • Points 14,580
    Re: Do Foundation Flows also exist for EPS or ETS? Reply

Hi pdgeek (love the handle, btw),

The ETS/EPS foundation flows will be production quality in 10.1. The 9.1 versions are preliminary, but I'm glad you're interested in them and see lots of value in them. I think the EDI flow was a big step forward in getting customers going, and I'm glad to see that we'll have them for ETS and EPS too! Do keep posting - as more customers use the Foundation Flows, it would be great for more discussion on them to occur here.

- Kari

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by pdgeek at 19 Oct 2010 01:36 PM. Topic has 2 replies.