Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > I/O pad verification script in skill

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

I/O pad verification script in skill 

Last post Fri, Nov 12 2010 3:32 PM by Austin CAD Guy. 1 replies.
Started by Venugopal 14 Oct 2010 08:24 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 1628 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Oct 14 2010 8:24 AM

• Venugopal
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 14 2010
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    I/O pad verification script in skill Reply

Hello All,

I have only heard of this form recently .. and i think this idea of sharing is awsome.. i am not good at skill.. i would like to

learn in coming future and would love to share some scripts with others.. However..

I Do have a urgent requirement and this i could not find through out the form

(This is a damn common and important requirement for every layouter)

Here it goes :

First the script has to go to a schematic window (which is a padring schematic and schematic has the order of pads on 4 sides and the most difficult part is )

to  read the instance names of IO cells and their position and order from schematic (probably store it in a file like IOXXX1    upper Left 01 \n padXXX2  upperright 02 ..... IOXXX100 top left 100)

Then it should go to layout and check if the pads are placed in the right order and then report (or even swap if possible) any errors in pad placement. (with the help of the co-ordinates and orientation.. 

and then place the pins of toplevel on the on the pin of pad (for ex powerdown pin on toplevel will be placed on the PAD pin of the instance IOXXXpwrdwn [just an example]

Inputs :

• libname cell name  then (you can take layout and schematic as views by default
    • names of the io cells.. ex ESDXXXXX_input, ESDXXXX_output,ESDXXX_IO (and so on so it knows which cells it has to care about)
    • if you need any more inputs please add

outputs :

• just need a view called layout _corrected with warning marks on all the i/o cells that are placed wrong (and if possible should be swapped)
    • and pins placed on top of all the 100 pads in right manner..

What does this save :

A lot of donkey work from layouter to manually check and so on... and fatal pin errors that will show up after tapeout..

Would Be a great help if you can do this..

Thanks

Venu

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Nov 12 2010 3:32 PM

Re: I/O pad verification script in skill Reply

Your request is complex but you may be able to find something on line which is close to what you want. Otherwise, because of its complexity, I recommend you engage a consultant, either from Cadence's Services group or an independ SKILL consultant.

Here are the steps you have to do:

1. Open each cellView:

cvId = (dbOpenCellViewByType...)

2. Find all the instances of interest (Find by instHeaders):

ih = setof( ih cvId~>instHeaders member( ih~>cellName list(all your IO cells ))

3. Determine the side and order of the cells found. This can be done by sorting the bounding boxes of the instances.

4. Match between the layout and schematic.

This is a good example to use to learn SKILL if you want to do so.

Ted

, you have to get the data from the two cellViews 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Venugopal at 14 Oct 2010 08:24 AM. Topic has 1 replies.