Home > Community > Forums > Functional Verification > Simvision, the quickest way to know how many pulses one digital signal has?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Simvision, the quickest way to know how many pulses one digital signal has? 

Last post Thu, Jul 18 2013 3:25 AM by Andy Stewart. 4 replies.
Started by RyanLV 13 Oct 2010 12:31 AM. Topic has 4 replies and 4644 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Oct 13 2010 12:31 AM

• RyanLV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 26 2009
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50
    Simvision, the quickest way to know how many pulses one digital signal has? Reply

Is there any why to know how may pulses one digital signal has between some time in waveform? I think simvision could support some way, like expression or calculation, to count how many rising or falling edges in simulation.

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Oct 13 2010 12:42 AM

• StephenH
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 2 2008
    • Bristol, Avon
    • Posts 268
    • Points 4,325
    Re: Simvision, the quickest way to know how many pulses one digital signal has? Reply

There is a plug-in that counts the edges between the cursors. Ping me your email address via PM and I'll send you a copy of the plug-in.

From version 10.2 (to be released next month) the count-edges facility will be built into the tool.

Steve Hobbs / Applications Engineer / Cadence Functional Verification
  • Wed, Oct 13 2010 12:50 AM

• RyanLV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 26 2009
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50
    Re: Simvision, the quickest way to know how many pulses one digital signal has? Reply

I could wait for next release, thanks a lot. The feature is very helpful

• Post Points: 5
  • Wed, Aug 3 2011 8:56 AM

• StephenH
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 2 2008
    • Bristol, Avon
    • Posts 268
    • Points 4,325

I've had a few requests recently for copies of the plug-in, and it's great to see lots of people keen on SimVision.

However I'd like to remind everyone that the plug-in is not required now that Incisive 10.2 is with us, as the count-edges capability is now integrated natively into SimVision. If you're still using an older version of Incisive, I'd really recommend to upgrade as there are so many useful improvements in the simulator and in SimVision since 9.2...

Cheers!
    Steve.

Steve Hobbs / Applications Engineer / Cadence Functional Verification
    Filed under:
  • Thu, Jul 18 2013 3:25 AM

I'm after toggle/activity data in different regions of my designs and unfortunately the "Count Edges" thats built into Simvision only runs on a single signal.  If I select more than one its greyed-out.  Is there a way to get toggle information (aggregate is fine) for multiple signals?  It would be a useful and quick way of looking at activity in different parts of a design.

AndyS

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by RyanLV at 13 Oct 2010 12:31 AM. Topic has 4 replies.