Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Capture 16.3 Errors

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Capture 16.3 Errors 

Last post Tue, Sep 28 2010 9:41 AM by oscar migs. 3 replies.
Started by JWWS1 08 Sep 2010 02:46 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 1896 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Sep 8 2010 2:46 PM

• JWWS1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 29 2008
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40
    Capture 16.3 Errors Reply

I'd like to report the following error in the 16.3 Version of Capture or Design Entry CIS:

When converting a project from 16.01 to 16.3 Net Properties get mangled.  I had a design all constrained with Propagation Delays and Relative Propagation Delays placed on a set of high-speed signal groups.  When converting the design from 16.01 to 16.3 the Relative Propagation Delay value got copied to the Propagation Delay value.  Now every time I net it to the board I get 174 warnings about the Propgation Delay being defined improperly.  To make matters worse I cannot delete the Propagation Delay In the Schematics.  Anybody have a clue how I delete these properties without re-drawing 34 pages of schematics?  Don't tell me to select the property and hit delete.  I do that and see the properties disappear.   When I hit apply they re-appear.  If I just close the property editor and open it again they have re-appeared.  Deleting the Occurrance Property does nothing, Deleting the flat netlist property does nothing.

• Post Points: 35
  • Wed, Sep 8 2010 7:23 PM

• redwire
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • Allen, TX
    • Posts 880
    • Points 13,550
    Re: Capture 16.3 Errors Reply

This is a user forum.  Bugs like this should be reported to Cadence for immediate support.

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Sep 9 2010 6:28 AM

• JWWS1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 29 2008
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

I was hoping some other "users" had run into this problem and found a work around.  Generally, the response time on forums is lightyears ahead of tech support.  Especially when it comes to OrCad.

• Post Points: 5
  • Tue, Sep 28 2010 9:41 AM

• oscar migs
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 28 2008
    • s.f., CA
    • Posts 27
    • Points 325

Hi JVWVS1,

Try exporting out a netlist/w properties from the original *.brd database.  Then read in the netlist.txt into the 16.3 *.brd.

Once the properties have been properly assigned, then create backannotation files to read back in to capture.

-oscar

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by JWWS1 at 08 Sep 2010 02:46 PM. Topic has 3 replies.