Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Multiple Model Files

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Multiple Model Files 

Last post Wed, Jul 21 2010 10:12 AM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by Karo 21 Jul 2010 08:51 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 1789 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Jul 21 2010 8:51 AM

• Karo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 15 2010
    • Posts 6
    • Points 105
    Multiple Model Files Reply
    Hi, I am working on a circuit where I need multiple model files. The first one I am using is gpdk045, I tried modifying this file to use with transistors from the analog library. The problem I have is that my simulations are wrong whenever I use a transistor with the second model file it just produces random simulations. I appreciate any help I get on this. thanks,
    • Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Jul 21 2010 9:05 AM

Re: Multiple Model Files Reply
    Karo,

Please read through your question. Do you think there is realistically any chance of anyone being able to explain what to do given the level of detail in your post?

You would probably be best going through customer support, and supply all the relevant data needed to reproduce the problem.

Regards,
    Andrew.
  • Wed, Jul 21 2010 9:22 AM

• Karo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 15 2010
    • Posts 6
    • Points 105
    Thanks Andrew, the problem is I am unable to generate simulation results when I use transistors with different model files. I am working on an amplifier and I want to be able to change the tox for the transistors independently. So I created another model file(modification of the gpdk045) to use. The problem is whenever I simulate with the two model files, I can't generate the waveforms. Is there a way I can send u the model file and an example circuit. Thanks,
  • Wed, Jul 21 2010 10:12 AM

Karo,

Please create a service request via http://support.cadence.com - we have customer support for a good reason! Unfortunately I am rather busy at the moment, and so cannot commit to debugging specific problems reported through the community forums.

Regards,

Andrew.
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Karo at 21 Jul 2010 08:51 AM. Topic has 3 replies.