Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > How to make AMS Netlister evaluate pcells

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to make AMS Netlister evaluate pcells 

Last post Thu, May 6 2010 1:35 AM by Marode. 2 replies.
Started by Marode 21 Apr 2010 06:44 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 1600 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Apr 21 2010 6:44 PM

• Marode
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 21 2010
    • Basel, Basel Stadt
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    How to make AMS Netlister evaluate pcells Reply

Hi,

I have built a schematic pcell which instantiates different cells according to a parameter. The AMS Netlister does not generate and include different instances per parameter-set in the netlist.

If the generated pcell is placed several times with different parameters in a testbench, the normal spectre netlist adds one subckt per different parameter set (named something like ...pcell0 ...pcell1 etc.) with the correct instances in it.  For example if one instance has a parameter x=1 and one x=0 it will generate a cellName_pcell0 and a cellName_pcell1 subcircuit. 

In the AMS netlist the different CDF parameters can be seen(they are passed to the instance), but nevertheless only one and the same instance is there.

It seems like the pcells are not evaluated. Even though the different and correct instances can be seen in the hierarchy editor

I would be glad for any idea, hint or maybe solution.

Thanks.

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, May 4 2010 5:26 AM

Re: How to make AMS Netlister evaluate pcells Reply

This should work if you use the OSS netlister, rather than the Cell-Based netlister (in ADE).

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, May 6 2010 1:35 AM

• Marode
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 21 2010
    • Basel, Basel Stadt
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    Re: How to make AMS Netlister evaluate pcells Reply

Hi Andrew,

thank you very much for your reply (I wonder why you know that, couldn't find a lot of documentation about it).

Although I "hardcoded" the cells in the meantime, I went back to test if the OSS netlister can do the trick and it seems he does. I am used to use the AMS plugin in the hierarchy editor, were you can't use the OSS netlister. Probably I should change that habit, since there is no reason to use it.?

Thanks again, regards,

Joerg

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Marode at 21 Apr 2010 06:44 PM. Topic has 2 replies.