Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Filler Cells and Substrate Contacts in Virtuoso GXL

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Filler Cells and Substrate Contacts in Virtuoso GXL 

Last post Wed, Apr 7 2010 5:46 AM by nbtarun. 0 replies.
Started by nbtarun 07 Apr 2010 05:46 AM. Topic has 0 replies and 1610 views
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Apr 7 2010 5:46 AM

• nbtarun
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 3 2010
    • Posts 2
    • Points 10
    Filler Cells and Substrate Contacts in Virtuoso GXL Reply

Hi,

I am using the student version of cadence tools at my Univ to auto place and route a custom design, using standard-cells. I am using the Custom IC tools suggested, i.e  Schematic XL and Virtuoso GXL. I design the schematic of the architecture, first, then using the connectivity driven option, i generate all the corresponding layout cells. I have a query regarding the Custom Digital Placer. (I am working with the GUI, not any commands)

How do I insert Filler and standard cell substrate contacts in the layout? I read the instructions in the documentation. When I created a custom Std Cell Sub contact, and put it in the layout file, I can't label it as substrate contact component because it is not in the schematic. When i make its put a corresponding gate in the schematic of the design, I get an error saying it should be of type STDCELL. I would appreciate a description of exactly where and how to place substrate contacts and filler cells.

thanks

Filed under: , , ,
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by nbtarun at 07 Apr 2010 05:46 AM. Topic has 0 replies.